Chapter 32 - Fishy Behaviour

Throughout the whole day, Ethan's mind was consumed by everything that was Thomas Miller. He had to drag himself away from Thomas as he didn't even dare to look at the bodyguard when he waved goodbye.

The morning had started with Ethan doing his best to avoid Thomas at all costs. He didn't want to risk seeing Thomas in the morning, and continue living with the shame and guilt for trying to snog Thomas.

But then the morning had a surprising change of event when he finally talked to Thomas properly. Once again it was so easy to talk to Thomas, and the way everything built up inside of Ethan made everything spill out like a dripping faucet.

Thomas kept calling his bluff at every chance whenever Ethan tried to run away. The bodyguard's persistence had worn Ethan down, and Ethan was so relieved that Thomas didn't give up on him.

Ethan was overwhelmed when Thomas kept trapping him inside. He was a nervous wreck when Thomas pressed him against the door, but Ethan couldn't run away from Thomas no matter what.

After being so patient with all of his emotions towards Thomas, Ethan felt amazing when he could express them to Thomas, and kiss him after so long. It was like there was a beam of light shining at them, because Ethan felt like he was bathed in a heavenly aura that consumed him with positivity and fulfilment.

Several hours later in the day and Ethan was still reliving the intimate moment he shared with Thomas. He was currently at an important meeting about the security in the building being compromised, yet Ethan still wasn't able to pay any attention.

Ethan couldn't be paid a million dollars to concentrate on whatever Lewis was lecturing on about. He was nodding along to whatever Lewis was saying, wearing a smile that never left his face.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan was sitting at his desk as he forced himself to look through the system records. He still had a job to do as he had to put his investigative hat regarding the company's latest worrying development.

Harrison knocked on the door as he leaned against the wall in Ethan's office. "Hey Ethan, what you up to?"

Ethan paused logging in staff activity as he looked up at Harrison. "Just trying to find the infiltrator. We can't have them use staff login so that they can steal confidential information about our company."

"Enough about business..." Harrison closed the door behind him as he began to pry. "Did you make it home last night alright? We heard that you were in a rough state leaving the club."

Ethan scratched the back of his neck as he told Harrison, "Everything was fine."

"Uh huh..." Harrison folded his arms as he stood up straight. "You have a good February 15th?"

"Stop trying to make that date a thing!" Ethan laughed.

"Answer the question Mr Shelton..."

Ethan looked back at Harrison warily. "What's going on?"

Harrison was dramatic as he slowly took a seat in front of Ethan. Ethan didn't understand what was happening right now, but he was chuckling away at Harrison's theatrics.

"Kristen told me that you've been in a shit eating grin since you walked in this morning," Harrison told Ethan. "She sent me over to investigate because she's super nosey."

"So my sister wants to know about my sex life?"

Harrison's eyes widened when he heard how Ethan rephrased it. He had to laugh it off as he tried to defend his wife, "She's just noticed your change in mood recently. And we can also pretend you never said that last thing too by the way."