7 days t-

I slammed a random door open.

Unsurprisingly but surprisingly enough, Beatrice was indeed there. She flung a book to my face as soon as I went inside.

5 days until I "die". I must grasp the opportunity, and maybe somehow, she can help me.

"Do you have a contract wuth Subaru?" I immediately asked her, as I let the book fall on the floor after hitting my face. My cheek hurted from the impact but I did not bother acknowledging the pain.

At my words, Beatrice only furrowed her brows and crossed her arms. "I suppose."

"Is it broken now?"

"Yes. Why?"

I inhaled, both in somewhat relief and nervousness, hopefullness and helplessness. "Make a new contract with me."

Beatrice raised her voice, looking flustered. "What??!!?"

"Look, I know this is sudden, but I need—" I paused, thinking what to say. It felt as if the words were on the tip of my tongue, but they refused to let go and be heard.

Beatrice piped down as I went silent, but her face was still formed in a flabbergasted expression. It slowly softened, when she saw my eyes wavering.

Beatrice coughed into her small fist, and sighed. "You need help. Is that it?"

My throat bobbed. I nodded.

"Why?" she asked.

Unlike the time I jumped out of the hospital window, my answer seemed to falter now. I can't easily say I'm in love. I thought, is it really worth it?

Then I thought— those small times I spent together with Rem. Those were limited fun memories, with a tinge of sadness in them. But I've done so much to get to her, should I stop now?

I doubted. Put my mind to thinking.

I've already abondoned my family, what does following who I think I will love for the rest of my life change?

Exactly none. Except a heartbreak, of course.

That damned bite on my leg brought me here. Might as well....

"I need to find her." I said, with determination.

Beatrice scoffed. "You seem more foolish than Subaru. I suppose that's what made you friends."

"Does that mean yes, though?"

"..I suppose."

. . . Well, that was easy.

----

If I ever come back again, will you remember our agreement?

"Of course I will."

I see. How convenient.

I walked back to my room, and saw a certain clown looking guy on my door. Knowing who he is already, I greeted. "Roswaal-san."

"Oho, Y/N-kun."

I waved my hands, indicating a hello even qhen we are near each other.

I asked politely, "Were you looking for me?"

Roswaal seemed to be in a short daze. By the end of my sentence, he took two moments to finally get voice off his slightly opened mouth.

"I have announcement for you."

"What could it be?" I inquired. Then, he flashed me a somewhat? playful grin and told me,

"The hot springs bath is free, how about we take a breather there?"