HBD!!

Hi everyone!! Since it's my birthday, lemme treat you a short story.

It's might have some spoilers in it though, :')

Wind blew past my curtains as I watched the sunset from my bed. Which I shared with my wife, of course.

Arms wrapped around my chest, my wife said, "Honey, do you love me?". She rest her chin on my shoulder and let seconds of intimacy pass before I turn around to face her.

At least I expected it to hurt this much. She's not here anymore, and I know I miss her so much that she's popping up everywhere. Not accepting the truth, I tried to believe she's still here. Although not by my side.

"Rem, I love from the bottom of my heart. But, where'd you go?" droplets of tears cascaded down from my eyes to my cheek, then chin. I let it flow nonstop, representation of the despair and sadness which grows within me every single day that passes.

I looked back outside the window once again. The sunset sure does look amazing. Specially with Rem on the view. Her vibrant blue hair scattering to where the wind goes, her pale skin made glow-ish with the help of the sunlight, and her undenyingly beautiful eyes, alive and full of hope and love. I thought how her hair color was in contrast with the color of sunset, but nevertheless, it just made her the most beautiful.

She spread her arms as she floated outside the window, as if summoning me to go hug her.

But she is.

And I want to.

I want to hug her.

I step on the foundations of the window, ready to jump in her arms and feel the warmth I felt everytime, with her.

"Wait a bit more, my love," I smiled as my legs trembled while I tried to stand. An apartment on the 6th floor with a highway beneath it sure is fearsome.

"I'm coming for you," I added.

And with a drop of tear, not from the joy I'd have to be with her again, but to leave things as they were, and the guilt I'd feel to use Rem to commit suicide, I fell.

:')

Hope you enjoyed~