7 days to-

Ow. I hissed to myself, kneading my arm that hit the wall first when something that seemed to be a spell which purpose is to send me flying was cast onto me just after I took more than a few steps towards Beatrice. Me intruding her chambers must've really frustrated her.

I groaned, my brows furrowed, and I looked at her. I wasn't angry, but I was irritated. "You could've just told—" but then again, it was my fault I got thrown across the room. Breathing, I forced myself to calm, ignoring the stinging pain on my arm. "I'm sorry for barging in your private... Space." I said at last.

She still looked flustered, breathing heavily with light red tinted on her cheeks. Perhaps she hadn't been in close contact with people in a while...? I'm not sure.

Groaning, I stood up and tried to dust my pants and gave the small lady a nod. Hoping it would lessen the tense air around the room— I waved my hands as if saying Hello.

"My name is Y/N." I paused. "Nice to meet you."

As I said the last words, Beatrice adruptly turned sidewards and humphed, apparently displeased, but she looked more composed now. After many seconds, the lady still did not give a reply. I thought that I did not want to keep the silence, so instead, I spoke again. "I heard your name was Beatrice. . . It's a pretty nice name."

In the corner of the space between us, the lady's shoulders slightly shook, but I failed to notice if my sight was telling me truth or not, so I just gave my attention to the shelf of books on my right. With my hand inches from a particular book, I was already thinking of how I should borrow it for a read— but it seems Beatrice spoke first.

"Everyone has a good name, if not a ridiculous one. Do not try to flatter me."

I turned to her, my hand still in the air. ". . That's true. Then, I must say you have a good name."

Seeing that I was persistent in saying she had a good name, Beatrice clicked her tongue, but approached me, her hair bouncing delicately with each step. "Don't."

"Don't what?" I asked.

"Don't feel so free to touch my books. You aren't even really welcomed here."

Taken aback by such sour mood, I retreated my hand and looked down at her. "Then what do you want me to do?"

Beatrice looked at me with a blank expression. "Why? What is your real goal to be here to start with?"

With that question, I dug my mind abd looked for a couple words to convince— but what is the point when I am not sure of my goal?

"I..." my voice trailed off.

"Is that really needed?" I asked.

She looked at me with the same indifference. "I suppose. In fact, people like you won't get anywhere without even having a goal."

My face twitched. What arrogance. "Everyone won't get anywhere without a goal." after saying that, naturally i have to come up with an answer fast.

Should I say: I am looking for a book to kill time reading.

What kind of answer is that??

Then, should I say: I am looking for a cure to a poison. Maybe there's hope for an antidote.

. . .that answer seemed fine. But,

Should I say: Every time I die, I go back to life. I want to know why it's happening.

...

The last time I did that with Crusch-san, there seemed like a hand seeping through my bones and pulling at my heart with the intent to piece its nails, or tear it out. It was a painful experience, but does that mean everytime I tried to say the truth about this damn ability, it happens again? What if it's not applicable when I say it to different people?