i'm not the only one (MG+AM)

you and me we made a vow
for better or for worse
i can't believe you let me down
but the proofs in the way it hurts

Derek knew he wasn't crazy. The bond between his current girlfriend and ex-wife was uncanny. They had a way with their words that just made sense. You would think that Meredith and Addison had gotten married years ago but they didn't, and Derek didn't even know the half of it.

for months on end i've had my doubts
denying every tear
i wish this would be over now
but i know that i still need you here

It all started at Callie and Arizona's engagement party. The four of them were talking and Addison kept giving Meredith this look.

A look that says I want to undress you and not think twice about it.

Then it was Meredith being on Addison's service. Meredith somehow always made a way to flirt with Addison and all Addison could do was wink in response.

Was Derek the only one noticing?

you say i'm crazy
cuz you don't think i know what you've done
but when you call me baby
i know i'm not the only one

As ironic as it sounded, being at home together was the worst part. For Derek at least.

It's not easy being with someone and you know, that that person wants to be with someone else. Derek did however appreciate how much Meredith was trying.

He would feel like such a fool if he was making this whole thing up in his head. At one point he had considered talking to someone else about it, but who would understand?

How are you supposed to tell someone that you think your current partner is in love with your ex partner. Life just doesn't work like that.

you've been so unavailable
now, sadly, i know why
your heart is unobtainable
even though lord knows you kept mine

"The girls and I are going out for drinks tonight, I'll be home a little late." Meredith says.

Her and Derek were eating lunch together in his office and Derek had wanted to ask her about Addison but she seemed so happy that he didn't want to ruin her moment.

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I can just catch a cab ride home with someone." Meredith shrugs.

"Absolutely not, if everyone is going to be drinking then I'll just drive everyone home."

"Derek, you don't have-"

He quickly interrupted her. "I'm picking everyone us and that's final, have some fun tonight."

Meredith gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, I'll have Joe text you."

"Alright I love you." Derek said.

All Meredith did was smile in return before she shut the door.

That had been how things were for the longest time and after awhile, Derek didn't even know why he bothered anymore.

you say i'm crazy
cuz you don't think i know what you've done
but when you call me baby
i know i'm not the only one