when we were young (AR+CD)

everybody loves the things you do
from the way you talk, to the way you move
everybody here is watching you
cause you feel like home, you're like a dream come true

This was it. My last day in America, my last day in American high school, my last day with my beautiful girlfriend.

Arizona Robbins. My bubbly, blonde hair, ocean blue eyed girlfriend. I have to leave her.

Even though she was watching the game, my arm was around her shoulder and she was the only one I was paying attention to.

"You're not watching the game." She looks over at me and gives me a sad smile.

"Why watch guys run around in helmets and bump into each other when I can look at my beautiful girlfriend." I wrap my jacket around us tighter.

It was cold for February but I honestly didn't mind.

"Let's get more drinks!" Mark says and turns to me. "Come with me, Robbins won't be cold for too long."

"I'm ok." I really didn't want to miss any chance I had with Arizona.

"Go baby, I'll be waiting for you when you get back."

"Make sure she doesn't freeze over!" I say to her best friend Callie, who was sitting behind us.

We quickly got more cans of soda and bottles of water before making our way back to the bleachers.

I talked to Amelia, Maggie, Meredith, and Owen while he was waiting on the sidelines.

but if by chance you're here alone
can I have a moment
before I go?
'cause I've been by myself all night long
hoping you're someone I used to know

Now this, this was actually it.

The game thankfully when into overtime so I got more time with Arizona but now the game was over and I have to go back home.

Our group had all planned on going to this diner so we could all have one last moment together. They always go to this diner after a game to celebrate.

Owen, Jackson, Derek, and what used to be Mark, were all on the football team.

I ate and laughed but my mind was in a completely different headspace. Italy is 9 hours ahead of Seattle.

When she's just waking up for school it'll be early in the evening for me.

Arizona gets up and taps on her glass.

"I'd like to make a toast, to Carina DeLuca, for always making us laugh, for her terrible American accent, for always letting us come over to try her honestly amazing food, and for being the best girlfriend a girl could ever have, to Carina." She says with teary eyes.

"To Carina." Everyone says.

I kissed her passionately not even caring who saw. "I love you so so much mi amore." I wrap my arms around her tightly.

"I love you so much more, we can't cry too much, we have to save some for tomorrow." She says.

The rest of the time was spent with telling memories we've had together and sharing pretty embarrassing pictures.

Right before we left, I found Callie.

"I don't know when or if I'm ever going to be back, please take care of her, make sure she's happy, all I want for her is to be happy." I say trying my best not to cry.