046 • 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗷𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁 • 

'What I said the other day wasn't true'

I couldn't stop my brain from replaying his deep voice from yesterday night. Once Colby had said those eight words he just left and never came back leaving Andrea and me stranded in our own theories.

Andrea practically had a heart attack right when Colby had left the room. She kept repeating herself over and over again about how 'he was talking about the engraving fight' we had the other day but unlike Andrea, I didn't know what to think.

My brain was all over the place and I couldn't pick apart what was right and what was wrong. I felt like I was in a constant fight with my own mind.

I heard my phone's alarm buzz from beside me pulling me out of my odd thoughts that had been running throughout my brain all night. To my luck I didn't need that alarm to go off, I've been awake all night thinking about that one small sentence that Colby had said to me.

"Siri, turn off alarm" I groan rolling onto my back and looking up at the blank white wall above me. Usually, I would focus on the small cracks to push all of my thoughts away but today it was different. I couldn't stop myself.

"Good morning sunshine, time for breakfast!" Andrea says in a singsong like voice from my bedroom door. Her tone of voice reminded me of my mother waking me up on a school morning and suddenly I felt a sudden rush of comfort.

Gosh, she's going to be a great mother one day.

"Ok" I softly reply focusing my attention on Andreas's loud footsteps walking back to the kitchen. Huffing, I push myself up from the warmth of my covers and slowly looked around the room trying to wake myself up.

I stared at every object in the room before my eyes landed on a black jacket that was placed on a chair in the right corner. I squinted my eyes trying to figure out where I've seen it before but nothing came to mind.

I pulled the covers away from my grasp and immediately a rush of coldness hit my body sending shivers thought out my body. Quickly, I stood up from the bed and walked over to the black jacket, instantly grabbing it. I studied the jacket for a split second before wrapping it around my body.

As I zipped the jacket up I felt a strong amount of comfortable warmth wrap my body like a warm fluffy blanket on a cold winters day. The jacket was big on me, reaching up to my mid-thigh meaning that it belonged to a male in the house since Andrea only wore tight-fitting clothes.

I wrapped my arms around my body and walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen where everyone was sitting except one person.

Colby.

A plate of pancakes was placed between Jeff and Brennen and I knew they did that on purpose so they could annoy me as I tried to eat.

"Nice jacket" Jeff says looking from his plate, a surprised look painted on his face. "When did Colby give that to you?" he questions me and instantly I felt my jaw drop open.

My arms that were once wrapped around my body dropped beside me as I looked between everyone to see if he was lying. But to my luck, no one corrected him.

"This is Colby's jacket, oh no" I say beginning to take the jacket off before Colby could see me but I was stopped by a strong presence appear from behind me.

"You say that like it's a bad thing" Colby's deep voice emerges from behind me sending shivers down my spine. He walked right past me and up to my plate, sending me one of his signature grins.

"I'm filming with Sam today, fans are going crazy'' he says leaning against my chair. ''Apparently, they think we quit" he says taking a strawberry off from my pancakes.

"What are you filming?" Brennen asks with a mouth full of pancakes. "Brennen eat then talk" Andrea says placing her plate down on the table.

As much as Andrea acted like a child she also acted like a forty year old mum with four children.

Brennen squinted his eyes at her before turning back to Colby. ''Soooo, what are you filming?'' He repeats himself. "Some abandoned hospital I think, I don't know which one tho, we have been to so much" Colby replies.

"Ok cool, don't get killed" Jeff says not taking his eyes away from a game he was playing on his phone.

"I'll try" Colby says looking around the room before his eyes land on mine. He sends me a comfortable smile before pushing himself off from the chair he was leaning on and started walking towards the front door.

This was it, this was my chance to understand what he was trying to tell me yesterday.

"Colby" I say, quickly walking over to him. Instantly he stops at my voice and slowly turns around to face me, his bright blue eyes glowing against the sun crawling through the window. A strand of his hair fell onto his face and I desperately wanted to move it away but I kept my hands to myself.

"Can we talk" I say in a soft whisper so only he could hear me.

"Maybe another time I've really got to film with sams, his waiting for me" he replies back before turning around and walking towards the door before I could say my response.

Now he's ignoring me huh.