Part 30

Arnav takes this opportunity to come even closer and puts the jaimal round her neck and whispers softly in her ears "Khushi don't," after a pause "Look at me please".

She looks up at him. His eyes do the rest of the talking for him, telling her that he is with her and won't let anyone spoil anything for her. He smiles at her asking her to smile back at him. She manages a fake smile for him, but is unable to control herself and looks down again.

Anjali asks her to put the jaimal around Arnav's neck. She does it mechanically as she had lost her enthusiasm.

Arnav notices every move and expression playing on her face.

Everyone congratulates them and the photographers ask them to poise for them. One of them asks Arnav to put his arms on Khushi's shoulders. He instantly obliges as this was the one thing that he had wanted to do since that Sham episode had taken place. He pulls her closer to him and holds her tightly by his side, never to let go.

Anjali asks them to sit on the sofa while the rest of the family takes chances getting snaps clicked.

Arnav is getting impatient as he wanted to talk to her, ease away her pain and discomfort.

Once all the family members have had their photographs clicked he turns to NK standing near by "NK, can you ask these photographers to leave us alone for sometime and go and click Akash and Payal's snap."

Nk tries to tease him, but the look in his eyes forbids him and he leaves them alone.

Arnav immediately takes Khushi's hands in his and "Khushi, please try and understand. I know you are going to have a tough time from today onwards, but believe me I will always be there with you." A tear falls on his hands."Khushi no, you cannot let that creep spoil anything for you. Today is your day. It's your wedding, your jiji's wedding you can't let anyone spoil it for you, and least of all him. He will pay for all his deeds, I promise you. Khushi look at me. Where is my Khushi who is a fighter, who does not give up easily? I want my Khushi back and that too now."

To lighten her mood "Khushi are you giving me my Khushi back right now or do you want me to bring her back".

Khushi looks at him questioningly.

Arnav "I know of only one way to get my Lad Governess back" He slowly starts lowering his face towards hers to kiss her.

Khushi immediately realizes what he meant and blushes "no"

Arnav "why not? You have only two choices, either give me my Khushi back or I take what I want"

Khushi's colour started returning to her cheeks "don't you dare"

Arnav "don't dare me. You know I love challenges and specially a one like this, all the more".

She knew he would do it if he wanted to, and wouldn't bother about anyone. She smiles back at him "Ok, ok I give up but Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada don't think you won"

Arnav bowing down before her "no not at all Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada" the twinkle was back in his eyes. He had succeeded in bringing his Khushi back, though for a second he had wanted her to take a little longer to smile so that he could have stolen a kiss. But that could wait; right now he was desperate to keep that smile on her face till the rest of the ceremony was over.

Khushi too had started relaxing and had decided to enjoy the day, as he had suggested. He was right it was something she had only dreamed off and she was not going to let anyone spoil it for her now.

Anjali took them for their pheres. Khushi kept stealing glances at him. He seemed so much at ease going through all the rituals without as much as a single frown. She is wondering what had come over him, but liked him this way better. He knew that she had been looking at him now and again but he just ignored her. He only looked at her twice one when applying Sindoor (red powder) on her forehead and second when tying Mangalsutra (black thread) round her neck. The second time he had winked at her making her blush.

"Gosh" she had thought "he knows me through and though. Will I ever be able to hide anything from him. How does he know when I looking at him or thinking about him."

After the pheres the vidai (groom takes the bride home) takes place.

Everyone had become very emotional. Amma and buaji had started crying.

Khushi and Payal too had tears in their eyes. Naniji and Anjali had to intervene to console all of them. Buaji is crying uncontrollably.

Khushi tries to lighten her mood by saying that her Sanka Devi was not going to leave her alone even after marriage and would keep barging in whenever she wanted.

Buaji had got so emotional that she had gone to Arnav and asked him to take care of her Sanka Devi and be patient with her.

Arnav had lovingly placed his arms round her and had asked her to rest assured that he would look after her and give her all the love and happiness she deserves.

After the usual goodbyes all leave for RM.