Part 41

Arnav "shutup"

Khushi "oh, so you think I am wrong" faking a hurt expression.

Arnav "you know you are right. So stop fussing."

Khushi "Arnavji don't get me wrong. It's this anger of yours that might land us in trouble."

Arnav "but how do you know so much about him"

Khushi "you are forgetting something. He has played that trick on me before. He had emotionally blackmailed buaji and became our PG. He had used Babuji's illness and his inability to speak and my love for my family to his benefit. Buaji under his influence and seeing Babuji's detoriating condition had forced me to get engaged to him."

Arnav surprised "Khushi, you were forced to get engaged to him."

Khushi sensing the change "yes"

Arnav "why didn't you tell me"

Khushi "can anyone tell you anything. See even today I have to resort to such drama to get you to listen to me."

Arnav "Khushi don't change the topic."

Khushi "you are, we were discussing about Di and his plan. We need to think of something immediately."

Arnav "khushi" but seeing that she is not ready to discuss her engagement says "ok now you tell me what I should do, under these circumstances."

Khushi gets up and starts pacing the room.He stares at her moving restlessly and suddenly her face brightens and she comes and sits next to him.

Khushi "Arnavji,I have a plan."

Arnav "Khushi you are forgetting something" She looks at him questioningly.

He gives her his hand" this.How will I understand anything if you don't hold it?"

Khushi "Arnavji"

Arnav "Khushiji"

Khushi is too excited about her plan so she takes his hands into hers and continues "look"

Arnav "looking"

Khushi "Stop it Arnavji, are you not listening"

Arnav "but you only asked me to look, you didn't say listen."

Khushi "Arnavji please listen."

Arnav "Khushi I am sorry I yelled at you for coffee and when you came in here. I didn't mean it, it was just that I was so angry at him and I took it out on you."

Khushi "I understand Arnavji and that is why I am not complaining. But now if you don't listen to me then I will really be hurt."

He gets serious and listens to her "he thinks that you don't know anything about him and he also understands your love for your Di. He knows no one can convince you to allow Di to go to Mumbai and you have demonstrated that very well downstairs. Now we have to take it up from there. He knows that I have come here to convince you because Di has asked me to. Di also told him that I am able to convince you easily. Don't look at me like that. It's not my fault if she thinks that way. Now you go down and tell him that you think it is a good idea that they shift to Mumbai for a short span of time and meanwhile you will look for a job for him here. It would be a good change for Di also. He will obviously not like it and will come up with some excuse or the other for not going."

Arnav "what if he leaves"

Khushi "I don't think so. You have contacts in Mumbai, check out if there is any firm by that name and then whether they have appointed him. I doubt it, but nonetheless try it out."

Arnav just nods, then he takes out his phone and talks to someone. He tells him that he wants that information on urgent basis and he also instructs him to keep it confidential.

Arnav pulls Khushi up and says "let's go down and give him the shock of his life."

Everyone is still sitting in the hall and contemplating about Chote's reaction, when they enter.

Arnav comes and stands in the center and says"di you did not do the right thing by sending Khushi to convince me. You know she can make me do anything and this time also she has succeeded in convincing me that it would be a good change for you and him" he could not bring himself to call him jijaji.

"Yes you can go with him on Monday and inform us as soon as you are settled because you know Khushi, she won't let me live in peace till I bring her to Mumbai so that she can see the sea and meet those bollywood actors."

Everyone is happy and Anjali gets up to hug Khushi. Khushi also starts talking about their plans and suggests that she would help them in packing. The only person whose face turns pale was Sham. He had not expected that Arnav would allow his loving sister out of his sight even for a minute. But here he was sending her off with him.

"Why did Khushiji have to intervene? And what has got over Saala Sahab to listen to her? Khushiji you are not doing the right thing. Don't force me to take drastic steps" thought Sham.

Arnav stood there watching the various expressions playing on his face. From his expressions he could make out that he was agitated and frustrated that his plan had foiled.

Khushi had understood him so well. He really had a mean mentality and could go to any lengths. He wanted to thank Khushi for making him realize his mistake.

"What are you doing Mrs.Arnav Singh Raizada? You have not only taught me how to say Sorry and Please but now Thank you as well. How will I ever tell you what you mean to me" a sigh escapes him and Khushi looks up at him with a smile.

"stop smiling or I'll kiss that smile off your face"thought Arnav.

Happy 10th Anniversary to our IPKKND. I just can't believe that its been a decade the show has started. I really miss it soo much.

PS: Please forgive me for late update please. I am facing some personal problems. Please Stay safe guys.