Part 19

They both have smiles on their faces when they put their phones down. Arnav goes down stairs humming to have dinner with everyone and Khushi goes and sits with her family discussing the wedding plans.

They both felt so happy and contended and when they went to bed they were both thinking of that single phrase that was going to change their lives tomorrow "Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada."

The sun beamed upon the two faces that looked up to it from their respective windows. Their gaze was locked onto the cloudless sky, a shining blue that would fill their hearts with love and joy.

Khushi does not know what he was going to do as he had said that he would take care of the rest. She got up and dressed as usual.

When she came to sit for breakfast she heard her amma say in a worried tone"why has Anjaliji called us today, tomorrow is the wedding and so many things are pending. God knows what has happened why she wants all of us to come."

Buaji "hai re Nandkishore it must be something important that's why she wants all of us to go to the rm. Titaliya you also finish your breakfast and then go and get ready we have to go to rm. Check with Payaliya if she is ready"

Khushi just nods, she thinks she knows what it is but how it was going to happen was a mystery to her. They all get dressed and go the rm. OP opens the door and welcomes everyone.

Anjali comes to receive them and takes them to the hall. The entire Raizada family was already sitting in the hall. They greet each other and Payal bends and touches the feet of naniji and mamiji. After the usual greetings everyone sits down. The Guptas are apprehensive about what is to come. Anjali sits next to Khushi. Khushi looks around to see Arnav but he is missing. She then notices him coming down the stairs. He glances at her for a second and then comes and stands in front of everyone.

Anjali "Tell us Chote, why is it that you wanted all of us to assemble here. What do you want to say" Turning to Khushi's parents she says "actually Chote had asked me to call all of you here. He has something important to tell us. Now tell us."

Arnav takes a deep breath and looks at Khushi. "Khushi,! Come here" She looks up and everyone looks at her. She is too embarrassed. She does not understand what he is going to do. She goes and stands beside him. This part was going to be easy for him as he won't have to act it out.

He lifts her hand and entwines his fingers between hers. Her eyes widen in shock as she looks up at him. She could only see his side face as she was standing beside him. She could not look into his eyes or read anything him his stance. Everyone look at their hands in surprise.

Arnav "Naniji, buaji and di," he pauses "we like each other and want to get married."

"What"

"kaya"

"haiii" is all that everyone can say.

They stare at them. All are speechless as if lightening had fallen on them. Arnav and marriage and that too with Khushi. Even Khushi is speechless. She did not know that he was going to say this and in this way. She felt so embarrassed and looked down. She could not meet anyone's eyes.

"whats wrong with him, why is he doing this" is all she could think off.

Anjali is the first one to get her speech back. "Chote do you know what you are saying."

Nani "you like each other and want to get married......."

NK "naniji, I also like Khushiji , so do I also get a chance to ......." before NK could finish his sentence.

Arnav " shutup NK" in a stern voice. Then he looks at his di "yes Di, I know what I am saying and we both want to get married."

Naniji "Chote, I hope this is not some kind of a joke. Or is it that you are troubling Khushi bitiya."

Arnav " no nani. This is no joke and you know I never crack jokes. Nor am I troubling her, she also feels the same way and we both have decided that this is what we want."

Khushi felt like if the earth would open up know she would willingly hide in it. It felt so embarrassing. He was saying that even "she likes him" and they both wanted to get married.

Buaji "haya ra nandkishore, oh Titaliya what is this new drama that you have come up with."

Payal "Khushi are you OK, why are you not speaking anything. What is all this that is going on"

Nani "khushi bitiya, why are you not speaking. Is he saying the truth or is he troubling you again." Khushi does not respond she keeps looking down at her feet. "tell me khushi bitiya, we want to hear the truth from you."

Khushi still does not respond. Arnav tightens his grip on her hand and signals her to continue.

Khushi "ji naniji"

Nani "khushi bitiya, is he troubling you"

Khushi "ji naniji, .... I mean, no he is not" Nani "so if he is not troubling you then is he speaking the truth. What he has just said is it true?"

Khushi is quite.

"Khushi I want to know the truth, speak up"

Khushi "ji naniji, it is true". She has answered all her questions looking down. She is too scared to look up into anyones eyes. Oh how she hated him for doing this to her. Couldn't he have thought of something else.

Sorry for the delay guys as I said I am not feeling well it took me some time to post again. And last Saturday is my birthday so didn't get time to update on weekend. I hope you guys understand me.