Damon's Arrival

The twenty-four-years old Damon Salvatore  arrived in the early morning. His arrival will not go unnoticed, of course, as his father will not have his older son shirk his responsibility as a soldier in the Confederate Army. Yet, Damon was eagerly expecting his father's scowl. It was his only source of entertainment.

When he joined the Army, he did so due to his father's pressure and not because he shared the same belief of the Southern States. A year later, he came to regret his choice as he was forced to make horrible, unforgivable decisions.

As he stood before the Salvatore Manor, he cleared his grim expression and put on his famous smirk then headed for the door.

🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯

Meanwhile, Katherine and Stefan had yet to finish their conversation.

Stefan had been silent for a while now. Katherine was about to snap at him but held herself in check. It won't be helpful if her reaction pushed away their possible alliance.

"So, you are a ... a vampire?" Stefan finally uttered something. He didn't know how to go about this. He also wanted to know more.

"Yes." She replied. She was ready for his questions, whatever they may be. She must do this step by step.

"I want to think this through. Although you said you will not harm us, you must have known that my father is set against your kind. If he gets wind of this, you won't hold a chance".

"I know. Which is why I have chosen to tell you the truth. This is protecting myself. It is either telling you or having someone other than you see through my facade. To be truthful, if it had been someone else, I wouldn't have the time to sit and talk. I would be dead." That was a fact.

Stefan had already decided to help her. Call it curiosity, or even skepticism. He was going to have his answers. He will not benefit from informing his father either. The man would simply torture Katherine then kill her for his twisted pleasure.

"I shall help you". He stood up and looked down at her sitting form.
"I will take my leave, now. We will finish this conversation another time, then?"

She nodded in confirmation and with that he left.

🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯 🔯

Stefan was walking absentmindedly when he came to an abrupt stop. There, by the entrance, was his older brother Damon whom he hadn't seen for almost a year.

"Damon? When did you get here?" His question remained unanswered as Damon turned to face his brother with his annoying smirk.

"Is that any way to greet your brother?"

Stefan needn't answer. He simply quickened his pace and hugged his brother.
They both missed each other.
Damon tightened his grip and smiled, content without his father's presence to show his real feelings. Just as he was about to let go, he saw a lady walking in the garden. Her features weren't clear from afar, but he was sure he had not met her before.

 Her features weren't clear from afar, but he was sure he had not met her before

"Who is that?" He asked his brother.
Stefan followed his brother's target in confusion. When he saw it was lady Katherine whom he has just spoken to, his confusion cleared.

"That is Lady Katherine Pierce. Our father has taken her in a month ago after her parents met with a fatal accident." Of course, the younger Salvatore had ommitted several key points, such as her supernatural origins. No need to tell his brother just yet.

Damon hummed in response, already thinking of introducing himself.

🔯 ✴ 🔯 ✴ 🔯 ✴ 🔯

AUTHOR'S NOTE

All GIFs used in this book are taken from Google. Credit to their respective owners.

Transmigration: Katerina Petrova On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara