MEMORIES

Katherine was sure she had just fallen asleep but the scene in front of her said otherwise. She was in a dark place, nothing but darkness surrounding her. She felt lost and scared. Yes. Scared. She dreaded the unknown. Feared it.

She had been floating in this emptiness for ages when suddenly, she vanished.

Bulgaria, 1490

A tired katerina Petrova was lying in bed, screaming as her mother assisted her in her tedious delivery.

"A little more, dearest, a little more", the mother advised as she watched her daughter suffer.

It was a while later, that a baby's cry echoed in the silent cottage. Katerina was still in a daze when her mother announced the gender of the new born baby.

"It's a girl". The mother did not care much for the gender. She was only happy the delivery was smooth.

"A girl". Katerina snapped out of her daze, reaching for her now bundled daughter.
"Please, mother, let me see her".

The mother was about to hand over the sleeping daughter to her mother when her husband snapped at her.
"Woman, don't! What are you doing?"

"Let me at least hold her once, just once!" Cried the distraught new mother, scared she would be denied her flesh and blood.

"Forget it! You have disgraced this family." Her cold-hearted father denied, insistent on pointing out her shame.

"Father, please! No, father, no!" She screamed as her father took the baby and got out of the house.

"No, katerina, it is better for her!" It was the best option as the baby girl would be in the care of another family

"No, mother, please!" Katerina was not in her right mind, thrashing and struggling against her mother.

"Let her go ... Let her go Katerina", the old woman soothed, taking her daughter in a tight embrace.

"Please, mama ..."

In the now empty cottage, there was only the sobbing Katerina being restrained by her tearful mother. Katerina Petrova was forced to let go of her daughter without even holding her. Her father was indeed cruel.

        〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

1492

Katrina Petrova was in another cottage, locked inside by Rosemary. She held a knife in her hand, determined to escape her horrible fate. Without hesitation, she plunged the sharp knife into her abdomen.

The smell of blood along with her painful scream were enough to make Rosemary barge into the room, worried. She saw a pale Katerina on the floor, a knife in one hand, the other  pressed to her stomach.  The vampire held a bleeding wrist to the dying girl, urging her to drink.

"Drink. Don't think of killing yourself. Trevor has gone to inform Elijah of your whereabouts", she informed calmly although her shaking hands exposed her fear of the inevitable wrath of the Mikaelsons. Trevor, after all, had assisted the doppelgänger in her escape. He was a traitor, and she had become one by association.

"You have deceived my best friend. Poor man, falling in love with a deceptive woman who used him for her own gains."  She was angry. The doppelgänger did get  them in trouble.

Rosemary got out of the room, relieved Katerina was well enough. What she did not know, however, was that the moment Katerina opened her eyes, she found a long rope, dangled it from a beam in the ceiling and simply hanged herself. The girl was determined to escape, her survival instincts urging her to get on with it and run. Run away from those blood-sucking monsters.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

America, 1864

Katerina Petrova, now known as Katherine Pierce, was eyeing a delicious man when an Asian woman approached her.

"Katherine, behave yourself. You cannot draw attention to us so soon, we have just gotten here", Pearl Zhu admonished, cautious in her words as she addressed the beautiful vampire across from her.

"Oh, please. I would not be that negligent so as to expose myself in public. I am just looking for a little fun. You know? Anyways, we are moving to Mystic Falls in two days, make sure you and Annabelle are ready and don't leave any trace". Katherine Pierce ordered, all signs of playfulness were replaced by a serious expression.

She knew, no matter how much she ran, the big bad Niklaus Mikaelson will always find a way to pinpoint her location. It has been 372 years since her escape and the Original Vampire showed no sign of letting her go.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Katherine woke up with a startle, breathing heavily. She got a free show portraying the significant events in Canon Katherine's life. She was happy she got to have an idea on the elusive vampire's long history but she was also scared.

Why did she get to see these memories? She was not the real Katerina Petrova. She was simply a spectator, trying to avoid her inevitable death.

A/N

This is a filler chapter in which you, as readers, are informed that canon Katherine and the soul possessing her body are different. The transmigrated soul is lost, trapped in a vampire's body. She has no knowledge of the supernatural except for her love for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries".

She is simply drawing her knowledge from a TV show and trying so hard to remain her individual self, unaffected by the expected loss of innocence and the lack of empathy which characterize canon Katherine.