The storm's thunder!

Start from the beginning

"Lucinda, for the sake of your late parents, leave the axe down." the old man warned her.

Elga turned her confused gaze at the boy asking him to explain the situation how the police officer knew so many details.

"I searched her mother's file at the clinic and saw that she had given birth to twins. Then I remembered Lana's description about Hannah's face and checked which sibling came to have stiches on the jawbone because of a fall accident. After that it wasn't hard to solve the puzzle and Patrick's death was the answer that another one person hid behind this case." he replied blankly.

"You were playing the detective the whole day and I was the one who got scolded for that?!"

"Well... I did it less patently." he said placing a pleased smirk on his lips.

Elga just made a mocking expression to him and rolled her eyes in annoyment.

Lucinda didn't seem to have intentions of giving up and raised her axe running towards the police officer so as to kill him.

However, his bullet reached first her heart before her attack end up a deadly one.

The woman fell on the snow that started to get painted red slowly by her own blood coming out of her chest.

Elga approached her body to witness her last moments as the hate in her eyes fainted and the woman's orbs went blurry.

The girl closed Lucinda's eyelids and walked off taking her backbag from the ground and nodded at Law that she was ready to return back home, leaving the rest for the police.

~...~

The teenagers had reached the small wooden house by riding Law's bike after some hour.

"Can I ask you a question?" the girl spoke avoiding eye contact.

Law who had just placed his bike beside the house's wall turned his head to face her, giving her his attention.

"You already did..." he replied blankly smirking.

The girl smiled at his small joke but went on with what she wanted to ask.

"Why didn't you want to solve the case together if you already decided to do a research?"

The boy stood silent for a moment probably picking carefully the right words for his answer.

"I didn't plan to continue the investigation as my job ended at the necrotomy part. However, I saw your lust for justice and didn't want to risk that." he responded and took his gaze away from her, in an effort to hide the shyness.

"Risk what?"

Law looked inside her eyes again annoyed he had to reply to this question too.

He wasn't used to express his feelings and thoughts at all so this situation the girl put him now was harder than it seemed.

He left a sigh escape his lips and closed his eyes feeling already tired from the previous events of the same day.

"I don't know if you can understand and be aware of it but from the time we are living and working together you are a part of my life now... And I'm tired of losing people close to me.", he said and started walking towards the entrance of the house but Elga grabbed his hand and stopped him.

She looked at him with a pair of two chocolate-colored warm orbs, full of gratitude for his words and actions.

The boy felt magnetized by her look and approached silently maintaining the eye contact.

His grey eyes were excited like a thunderer storm above the sea.

This girl put her life in danger again for one more time without minding the consequences and only he knew how worried he felt when he realized about the true suspect and her intentions.

He treasured this moment as Elga was finally safe and sound, standing right in front of him.

Law couldn't restrain this burning sensation inside his gut and rushed to hold the girl's jawline in his hands, bringing her face closer to his and closing the gap between them by pressing his lips on her softer ones.

Elga widened her eyes in surprise and her cheeks took a dark red color, clearly embarrassed by the boy's sudden move.

At first she tried to contain herself and hold back as a reaction but then she decided to be honest with her own feelings and let them overflow her heart.

She placed a hand on the boy's chest for support as she could feel her legs getting weaker as the time passed.

Finally, Law pulled back from a kiss that seemed like it lasted for centuries and not only for some seconds.

His mind was fuzzy from the huge increase of hormone's production in his brain while he still held the girl's face between his hands.

Elga was in a similar state too, being puzzled about whether this kiss was true or her mind played tricks on her.

Both of them decided not to speak, standing in an awkward silence and looking at each other while thinking of the situation.

"Uhmm..." Elga hummed to break the ice. " W-what was that...?"

"Isn't it obvious? Do you need explanation?" the boy harshly replied rolling his eyes.

Then, he removed his hands and headed himself towards the house having a satisfying smirk carved on his lips leaving behind the poor girl who felt like the storm's thunder just hit her.