Chapter 19: Nuclear Reprecussion

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Since you ratted me out to the Germans, I think I will conduct a tour de force against those sauerkraut bastards. I reckon I would hit them where they are the most heretic to the Three Heroes. The city of Warsaw is where they worship that accursed Ishvala. We'll soon see who their true god really is".

"You Graciousness, I think it would be also wise to launch another nuke to even out the nuclear stockpile" Corporal Amaki advises the empress.

"But won't that mean we will have fewer nukes! We can't have that".

"Of course we can make more. It's not like we care for what the International Senate says" Sir Motoyasu chimes in.

"As per usual, you are wise Sir Motoyasu!  We will launch another nuclear attack on...... hmm....... Ah! The Japanese colony of Pyongyang! That accursed town is full of those demi-human scum. The less we have of that filthy kind, the better". She begins to put in the coordinates to said locations and is ready to launch a nuclear strike on those cities. The commanders are waiting for the empress to give the signal of celebration, a what would be a fine and glorious victory for the Roman Empire. But Kaname remains anxious.

"Your Graciousness, before you take me away again, please head my words," Kaname says trying to keep her composure and courtesy towards the empress.

"Ugh. What do you want this time?" Malty responds in a disgusted tone, clearly done with Kaname's persistence against her demands.

"I know you will ignore my plead. But I must say this your graciousness. That you have spelled doom throughout your empire is certain. That the world has become fed up with your tyranny towards you people is becoming more of a reality. That the world has become tired of living in fear of slavery and war that you and your family have created, while the world braces for democratic freedom and revolution. The world has changed, I must ask you once again, are you sure you want to do this?". Malty doesn't even give her a glance or a moment before giving out a sound of disgust.

"Launch the damn nukes" she shouts as she punches the big red button. As soon as she does that, the one nuke going towards Warsaw launches off in a roar as the warhead moves up towards the sky. The sound of the rocket could be heard across the peninsula.

"Now get this traitor out of my sight. This empire is going nowhere". Kaname is then sent back to the dungeon where she awaits further punishment as the commanders celebrate their greatest victory.

"You Graciousness, should we prepare to march into war. We will need all of our manpower for this conflict after all".

"Yes Sir Motoyasu, gather the troops and proceed to march onto France and Germany. But first, we need to prepare a sacrifice to the Three Heroes for a victorious and glorious war. A war that will truly be the end of all wars". The military staff and the empress prepare to go to war, with the winds of change coming over the horizon.

Meanwhile, another wind blows, but it is not of war and conflict but celebration. At one of the pubs in central London,  almost the entire Greek delegation and their families are enjoying themselves, as it was today Prime Minister Raphtalia's birthday. She blows out the candles on her cake with the delegation celebrating her birthday.

"Happy birthday Raphtalia!" they all cheer, Raphtalia smiles.

"Oh my, thank you so much, everyone! I am so fortunate to have good friends to celebrate".

"Well, we are fortunate to have such a kind and caring prime minister who cares for her country," Queen Melty says. "Providing a place for Roman refugees and providing funding for orphanages".

"With your permission of course your majesty"

"No one except for you has ever come up with the idea to help our children. I think that deserves recognition. A toast to Ms. Raphtalia!" The delegation cheers her. Raphtalia is delighted with the wonderful gifts she has been given.