Chapter 17: Long Live The Kaiser

Back in England, in the lovely city of Brighton, the evening was about to set upon England's green fields and quaint towns. At the Queen's Hotel, Russian Royal Advisor Marquess Fanny was on the line with the Ambassador Chad, telling him the grave news about the research.

"Look, I know it's terrible that this Jellal boy is dead. But we need to keep those open borders still open. I don't care if that stoopid empress would flip her lid. Do whatever it takes for the archeologists to do their work". She immediately puts down the phone, sighing in disbelief. IT's just all too stressful. She later hears a knock on her hotel door, after looking to see who it is, she opens the door to see Tsaritsa Rachel, whom she bows to.

"Your imperial majesty".

"At ease Fanny" Rachel replies. "Did you tell our ambassador the news?"

"Yes. I also told him to keep the borders between us and Rome open for as long as possible".

"Good. We will need that. Anyway, Queen Charity has invited us to the Globe Theatre. The Royal Shakespeare Company is putting on a performance of The Great Gatsby. You want to join?"

"Sounds interesting, I might join you later your imperial majesty. I just need to finish up work here and I'll meet you later".

"As expected from the royal advisor". They wave each other goodbye as Fanny returned to finish her work. Just then, an email was sent from the ambassador in Rome. She opens up her newly invented laptop to see the message sent to the Foreign Secretary and CC'd to her. She reads it and what she saw shocked her.

To Foreign Secretary Pearl,

Please have this wired to Kaiser Hohenhiem, Prince Alphonse, and other important German officials.

We regret to inform the German people and the German imperial family that the Crown-Prince Edward Elric has passed away at the hands of Empress Malty S. Melromarc. Advisor to the Roman throne, Ms. Kaname Chidori has regrettably informed that the tension between the prince and the empress has finally blown over to his demise. It is most infuriating and most sorrowful to hear this tragedy take place.

We would hope this message finds you well. Please express our dearest grief with Prince Alphonse, whom I'm sure is going through a lot with his sick father as well. We would also like to add that Prince Edward loved his younger brother and wishes he is well.

My most sincerest sorrow,

Ms. Kaname Chidori.

Telecommunicated by Russian Ambassador Chad Dickson to Rome

October 3, 2001 A.S.

Fanny upon reading the email gets on the telephone and calls up the local operator.

"Hello, Get me in touch with the German ambassador", the operator speaks on the other end, "YES! The one here in England!". Fanny speaks to the German ambassador in private about the news.

In the mean time, at the Coventry Opera House, German Prince Alphonse and his fiancé, the English Princess Pepper Mills were being treated to a delightful concert program presented by the Coventry Symphony Orchestra. In that program, it included music of the German composers Claude Debussy and Franz Liszt, the English composers Modest Mussorgsky and George Gershwin, and a new American composer who is debuting his Ninth Symphony entitled "From The New World", Anton Dvorak. Speaking of the symphony, The orchestra was just under way with its fourth movement, and the royals were enjoying.

"You know, this American composer is not half bad" Prince Alphonse says to the Duchess of York.

"Isn't he!?" Princess Pepper replies in an excited whisper, "I adore his music. Especially his Seventh Humoresque. That is one of my favorites pieces to play".