Chapter 18: A Call to War

Saturday arrives as the Security Council reconvenes. Due to yesterdays shenanigans, extra guards have been stationed inside along the hallways to reprehend discourse among the delegates. Of course, it wouldn't seem to happen since Erza is staying behind with French Prime Minister Fujioka, while President Tamaki with the French Cabinet advisor Kyoya would attend in her place. Beside that, all of the delegates are present. From the concerned Russian advisor Fanny Fulbright, to the incompetent American Secretary of State P.C. Patterson. All the nations of the Security Council were present and accounted for... with the exception of the German delegation.

Everyone wants to know where the delegates were. Is it not important that they show up to one of the most decisive meetings of the new century? They were expecting Prince Alphonse to help resolve this current debate on war, knowing that besides the French, Germany laid close to Roman borders. The delegates take their seats discussing the disappearance of the German delegation. As more people were filling in the spectator seats to receive news to bring back, Prince Loud calls the council to order. The council sat down quiet.

"Leaders of the world" Loud says in somber voice. The world leaders took note of the somber tone as a sign of worry. "I must inform the people who have gathered here today that the German delegation will not be joining us in discussion today. We have been informed by the German embassy that Kaiser Hohenheim has passed away last night. I call for the council later on at eleven o'clock for 2 minutes of silence to honor the memory of the German Kaiser".

The council was shocked to hear this passing. At one of the most pivotal moments of the new century, Kaiser Hohenheim, which many of them thought was immortal with him being on the throne since the 1940s, suddenly passes. But they have to keep going on with their meeting, the world's future might be at stake.

"For now, we will go ahead with a backup operation we had planned since the end of the third International Catastrophe. That is Operation Blackhole". In Prince Loud's hands were the documents for such an operation. The delegates discuss the precautions of this operation.

"Sir Bunny, if you would kindly explain the operation?"

"Certainly your royal highness" Defense minister Buster Bunny says getting up to lay down the plans. "Ladies and Gentlemen, several years ago I proposed to the Ministry of Defense a way to help in the escape of the German Crown Prince. We have proposed in cooperation with the French and German governments to send in spies disguised as a trope of Cyprus Romani. Then once inside the empire, we will have to communicate where Crown Prince Edward is being held. There, the trope would camp out near or around the area, hopefully there will be a way to stay out of the radar. We will then use whatever tools these spies would be able to bring over the border and use that to help in his escape. With the right people and tools, we will secure Prince Edward and put him on the German throne". The delegates were intrigued with plan to get the Crown Prince of Germany out of his imprisonment, except for the Russian delegation who know the truth about the Crown Prince.

"Excuse me" a voice rings out, which was French Advisor Kyoya Ootori. "I wish to ask the British defense minister a question about this plan".

"Mister Ootori, you have the floor" Loud responds.

"Sir Bunny, I have some concerns about this plan, most specifically the disguise plan. We have received reports that local authorities were attacking, arresting, and harassing Cyprus Romani, especially those of the Fairy Tail religion".

"Mr. Ootri, we have taken that to account, and are fully well aware of the issue. That is why we give our spies books on the Three Cardinal Heroes, and make sure that they memorize the words, that way when asked they won't be figured out. It's so precise, I think it just might work". Almost all of the delegates were ecstatic for this plan. It was a sure fire way to show Rome their power over them. However, Marquess Fanny has to tell the council the truth.