"You'd be surprised," Elijah mumbles under his breath as he sips from his cup of coffee. Aliyah hears him and nudges his abs, jokingly.

"Aliyah, have I ever told you how much I'm in love with you?" Kendrick questions, wasting no time to stuff an entire glazed donut into his mouth. "Not as much as Toni, but —"

Elijah shakes his head, an amused smile on his face as he pulls Aliyah into his hold, her back against his chest. He hangs his arm from her shoulder, lazily.

"Boy —" She laughs at Kendrick before resting the remaining box of donuts against her thigh.

"Alright," Drew chuckles as he looks over the couple, "We'll leave you two alone." As an afterthought, he raises a finger toward their general vicinity, "Remember — hide them hickies better."

The wedding planner waves at her newfound set of friends before she intertwines her and Elijah's fingers from his hanging hand, "And secondly," She turns to her boyfriend, a wide smile on her face, "We have a lunch date."

"WHAT IF I WAS PREGNANT?" Aliyah's words make Elijah choke

"WHAT IF I WAS PREGNANT?" Aliyah's words make Elijah choke. That doesn't stop her from continuing her contemplation — Elijah honestly couldn't tell if this was just a what-if or if it was a real situation. "Like, imagine me walking around with your kid inside me. Hmm."

Honestly, Elijah's dick twitches at the thought of Aliyah doing just what she said — walking around with his kids. He hadn't thought about it before but then again, they never talked about kids besides little teasing jokes thrown here and there.

And now, Elijah couldn't tell if she was trying to tell him something or . . .?

"I mean, we'd get married before we try for a baby," Her words make him exhale a breath of relief. Not that he would be mad about her being pregnant, he's just kind of confused, "But, I don't wanna wait too long after marriage before we have kids, ya know?"

With furrowed eyebrows, the doctor rises from the chair behind his desk and approaches his woman who's laying on the couch in his office. He presses the back of his hand on her forehead.

"Is it a fever? Are you high on something?"

Aliyah chuckles, "I'm high on your —"

Elijah cuts her off with a laugh, "Please don't finish that sentence." He pauses before stooping down and meeting her brown eyes. "Lee, are you trying to tell me something?"

The woman leans forward and pecks his lips. He, however, can't get enough so he pulls her back in, eliciting a soft moan from her at his tongue on hers.

Finally, she pulls away and rests a hand on his cheek, caressing his beard with her thumb, "I passed this couple on the way here, the girl was pregnant and they looked so in love. He was caressing her belly and she was all cuddled up on him. And I thought about you and us and how we're them and they're us and then I thought about what if I was pregnant and we have this beautiful, amazing baby and then I thought about you falling out of love with me eventually and going off to find your comfort in someone else while I'm stuck at home raising our thirteen year old child in the middle of white suburbs 'cause we had the money to get a place there."

Elijah's brows draw together as he scans her face and he can see the distress in her eyes, "You think I'm gonna fall out of love with you?"

Aliyah takes this chance to sit up and meet his gaze directly. Elijah wipes away a stray tear from her temple as that's where it rolled while she was laying down.

"I know you love me now, but what's gonna happen years from now when we've been around each other so long that we just fall out of love?"

Elijah shakes his head as he gingerly cups her face and pulls her to him, "You don't understand how much I love you, do you?"

"You're my best friend, Lee."

Aliyah can't help the short burst of laughter that escapes her, "Kendrick's gon' kill you for that."

Elijah tilts his head with a small smile on his face, "I don't care. Because you're my best friend, the love of my life, my girlfriend, my future wife, the mother of our future kids. I love you more than you and I could ever think possible. I love you." He wipes more tears that flee from her eyes, ignoring the brimming tears in his, "I love you, Aliyah Jasmine Pryce. And there won't be a day in the rest of either of our lives where I don't feel the same way I feel about you now. Okay? On your worst days and on your best, I'll always love you."

Aliyah sniffles, "Did you just quote Whitney Houston?"

Elijah chuckles and leans forward, allowing his lips to press against hers lovingly. He whispers against her lips, "So what if I did?"

She giggles before allowing him to push her back into the seat, his body now hovering over hers. Aliyah leans back slightly to meet his eyes.

"I love you, Elijah. On your worst days and on your best, I'll always love you."

im watching the beginning of grey's s16 and how tf jackson move on so fast?? LMFAOOOOO HE MOVED ON W A SWIFTNESS I CANT —

stop giving this man love interests and give him an interesting storyline please

i was planning on finishing and uploading this chapter last night but my ass was knocked out lmfaooo — i woke up with my phone in my hand