41. SHARK OF A WOMAN

"I THINK YOUR SISTER likes me," Aliyah giggles as she steps into the living room where Elijah is feeding his young niece

"I THINK YOUR SISTER likes me," Aliyah giggles as she steps into the living room where Elijah is feeding his young niece. He's seated on the floor, his leg crossed over the other as he holds Maya in his arms.

"Was there any doubt about it?" Elijah chuckles, looking up at her.

When Naomi West dropped off her daughter, Aliyah expected for her to not look her way or even acknowledge her ━ but, surprisingly, Naomi had sent a sweet smile to the woman her brother is in love with.

That lifted Aliyah's spirits more than it should have. Maybe it's because she had hoped that his entire family would like her ━ his mother, Charlotte West, was already a shark of a woman. Aliyah expected no less from her boyfriend's sister.

While Naomi has dropped Maya off to be watched by the two before, she usually just ignored Aliyah's presence. And today, she didn't.

Aliyah calls that a win in her book.

"Definitely not," Aliyah says, sarcastically, "I'm a very likable person."

"Correction: lovable."

A smile grows on Aliyah's face as she bends over to plant a kiss on Elijah's lips.

When she pulls away, she plops down on the couch, an adoring smile on her face as she listens to Elijah use his baby voice, "You're such a pretty, little girl," He coos, "Yes, you are."

Aliyah stretches along the couch, comfortably, "It runs in the family."

Elijah chuckles, "Yeah, sure."

Aliyah runs her hands down the back of his head, gently, "Dude, I'm dead serious. Do you know how hot you are? Like, whew, damn." Elijah rolls his eyes and throws his head back to look at his girl, an amused look on his face, "And you're holding Maya? You're making me want to skip the whole birth control and just give it away."

Elijah busts out laughing at her joking words, "Shut up 'fore you start something you sure as hell know you're not gonna finish."

Aliyah joins him in his burst of laughter, leaning forward to press a kiss to his forehead, "Yo, you really got a big head."

"