60. WARM COFFEE

60. WARM COFFEE

CHRISTMAS HAD GONE well with Elijah and Aliyah visiting Kiara and her very Jamaican version of the holidays

CHRISTMAS HAD GONE well with Elijah and Aliyah visiting Kiara and her very Jamaican version of the holidays. Elijah had gotten a taste of the sorrel Aliyah was raving about (he drank so much he was tipsy by the end of the night).

Aliyah got her man a really fluffy robe which he can not stop wearing around his apartment, while Elijah got her a necklace with her name enscribed on it in return. And with New Year's quickly approaching, she wears it all day every day, and only takes it off in the shower.

Speaking of the shower, Elijah has never been so sexed out in his life. He, frankly, didn't even know that was possible. But Aliyah has been super horny almost every minute of every day. Elijah loves it though — he loves making her feel good and her returning the favor is an added bonus.

However, this exhaustion and being worn out from too much sex is not it.

As he stands in the middle of Charlotte General, a cup of warm coffee in his hand, he can't help rubbing his eyes at the lack of sleep he got the night before. This wasn't even Aliyah's fault this time. He woke her up with kisses in the middle of the night, rock hard — mainly because she'd been pressed up on him the whole time they'd been asleep.

It might have also been the fact that she got her nails done and he was craving them running down his back.

Eh — either or.

"You look tired as hell." The familiar voice belongs to Paige Wilkins, cardiothoracic surgeon. She's the shortest in the group of doctors that approaches the bone man. "Long surgery last night?"

Elijah pauses, not really sure if he wanted to expose his business like that, "Sure, let's go with that."

Kendrick hums before stepping closer to his friend, scanning his blue eyes with a look of curiosity on his face, "You gotta hickey on your neck."

"Crap," Elijah hisses as his hand flies up to cover the spot Kendrick had his eye on, "I've seen three patients this morning."

"Oop," Drew chuckles, leaning over the reception desk to grab a file for his patient, "At least you're getting some. How is Aliyah, by the way?"

"How 'bout you ask her yourself?" Elijah's eyes brighten at the sound of his girlfriend's voice coming from behind him. He spins on his heel, a wide smile growing on his face.

"Baby, hey," He greets her, watching as she approaches the group of doctors, dressed up in a pair of jeans and a crop top with a fur-lined jean jacket — her regular — with three boxes of coffee shop donuts stacked in her hands, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I came to make sure y'all are fed, first of all," She leans forward, allowing Kendrick to grab a box from the stack before she gives the other box to Henley who was looking at the woman with an adoring smile. Everybody loves Aliyah, as it's obvious, "Please share the donuts, Ion think I gotta tell y'all this."