52. SWEET SPOT

52. SWEET SPOT

ALIYAH WAKES UP TO the alluring scent of breakfast foods and the annoying beep from her alarm flooding her senses

ALIYAH WAKES UP TO the alluring scent of breakfast foods and the annoying beep from her alarm flooding her senses. The alarm did absolutely nothing to ebb her already raging headache.

She rolls on to her side, giving herself some leeway to find the energy to get up from her spot in the bed. Today is Kayla and Trevor's wedding day and she couldn't afford to be late — especially when she's supposed to be the first person there.

On the side table is a packet of Tylenol and a tall glass of water. Luckily, she didn't feel the urge to throw up and she remembers exactly what happened the night before.

Hally is pregnant and engaged. Toni is dating Kendrick. The man who, practically, harassed her on her date night was at the dinner rehearsal and will be at the wedding. And he's dating someone who might be Elijah's ex-girlfriend.

Whew, that's a mess.

Aliyah takes the pills and gulps down the water before moving to hang her feet off the bed. Finally, after a couple of deep breaths and trying to get her life together, she stands and makes her way to the bathroom.

She, quickly, brushes her teeth to rid herself of the leftover alcohol on her breath and splashes her face with some water so she doesn't have to completely rely on coffee to wake her up.

Deciding not to shower until after breakfast, she walks out into her kitchen to see Elijah stood at her stove, above a pan of sizzling bacon scenting the apartment.

Quietly, she approaches him and wraps her arms around him, causing him to jump a bit.

"Good morning, handsome," She mumbles against his clean t-shirt. Kissing him over the material, she waits for him to turn slightly so she can kiss his minty lips.

"Good morning," Elijah throws an arm back so he can hold Aliyah's face steady and kiss her properly.

She smiles up at him happily when they pull away, "Thank you for making breakfast even though you didn't have to."

Pecking her lips one more time, he smiles, "You're very welcome. And I had to. It's a big day — making breakfast should be the least of your worries." He pauses, "Which reminds me — what time am I supposed to be there?"

Aliyah tilts her head in thought as she works out the time in her head, "The wedding starts at eleven, so be there by ten thirty?"

Eli furrows his eyebrows, "Why so early?"

"So you can snatch a good seat."

Elijah chuckles as he turns off the stove to transfer the bacon to the paper towel-lined plate, "I'm your plus one."

"Mhmm," Aliyah hums in amusement, "And plus ones of the wedding planner get to snatch a good seat."

Elijah rolls his eyes in amusement before grabbing one of the plates he set off to the side and moving the meat to them. Just as he does that, bread pops out of the toaster.