45

~Tofuu~

"Hello...Sir.." Zach's father stood from the bed and walked up to me. "Joe.." He started. Then wrapped his arms tightly around me in a hug. Startled, I stood completely still, and stiffed up. "S-Sir..?" I asked, my voice cracking. He released the hug and gripped my shoulders. "Joe, I am terribly sorry for the way I have tossed you out..Twice. I honestly, hole-heartedly am trying to understand. As I told Zach...I grew up around homophobic people. But..That doesn't mean I can't change." His eyes sparkled, the same color as Zach's. I could tell he meant what he said. A small smile creeped across my face. 

"It's okay, Sir. I understand completely. Trust me." I put my hands up in front of me. His grip on my shoulders slacked, releasing me fully. 

"I am truly sorry, Joe." "It's okay." The sad look in his eyes faded as the room cleared the dark thoughts. "So uh..How about I take you both out for lunch? As my treat? You can tell me a bit about how you met, and came to be together. I would love to know more about it." His offer startled me, but I gladly accepted and so did Zach. 

~Poke~

We sat in side a cold building filled with the sents of different foods. I sat next to Joe in one side of the booth, my dad on the other side. A large burger resting half-eaten on a plate infront of him. A similare, yet smaller burger infront of me and a chicken sandwich infront of Joe. 

"So!" My dad said, all smiles. "Tell me, how long have you known each other?" Joe answered faster than I could re-think my memories. "Maybe around a mounth. As to how we met, I transfered from my little desk at home to the school Zach goes to. He offered to show me around the school."

His cheeks slightly burned red as he remembered how he turned me down for Leah.

I wonder what came of her?

"And I uh..Kissed him." I said, pulling the attention off Joe. My dad looked at me with curious eyes.

He was waiting for me to continue. Crap.

"And uh...Joe got upset. But then one thing happened after another, and he decided to ask me out." I glanced over at him. He was looking at me, wanting me to continue as well. I cleared my throat. "Then I kinda, jumped the bull and told him I loved him. Which was true, but sooner than it should have been. So he..Broke up with me the next morning. You may not know dad, but no one at school likes me. No one, but Joe. So when he broke up with me, I had no one. So I..resulting in cutting again."

My dad had known about my...cutting...but we never told mom, afraid she do something drastic. But..it probubly would have helped..looking back. My dad just nodded.

"He was worried, and came to our home looking for me. He found me locked in the bathroom crying. He broke in, sorta. And bandaged me. Then he...he told me he loved me." I felt Joe's finger tie with mine. I felt tears swell behind my eyes. "That's really, actually super cute." My dad said, whipping at his own tear.

My dad, like me, tended to cry a lot.

"And after that, we uh.. did somethings not fit to say while eating." Joe said, giggling slightly. My dad raised an eyebrow and laughed as well. "Oh my." Joe nodded. "Hope that didn't make you angry, sir." "No, No. It's alright."

We sat, finishing our meals and talking about random stuff. Sometimes touching in on our relationship. Mainly just what was going on with dad's work, the weatherm things like that.

Talking like Joe and I where just buds, not boyfriends. 

And I loved it.

~Tofuu~

Once we had finished eating, Zach and his dad went home after dropping me off at my own place. I had an amazing time, and it was great looking back into my memories. It feels..like its been forever, but only about a mounth has pasted.

When I'm with Zach, it's like years passes when it's only an hour.

And I love it.