10

~Tofuu~

Zach and I sat on my bed in my room. We where alone in the house. We held each others hand under the small tiger-stripped blanket that lay over us. The room was filled with silence as we just sat there. Until Zach turned and stared at me. "What?" I asked, looking at him. He blushed, but didn't stop looking at me. "I just...Joe, I really like you." Now was blushing. 

I looked away from him, and he sqeezed my hand. "Joe I..I.. Just...I..." I looked back at him and saw he was on the bridge of crying. He sniffled and blinked, causing the waiting tears to flow over his eye lids. Small lines of tears streamed down his face.  "I know it's really soon, But Joe I think I love you.." "Hell yeah, it's really soon!" I yelled and jerked my hand away from his. His eyes doubled in size then he shut them tight. He hick-uped over his tears. He gripped my shirt sleeve with both of his hands and rested his forhead on my shoulder. "S-Sorry, Joe. I-I didn't mean to say it so soon.." "We literally just started going out this morning. How do you...love me?" I looked at him as he softly cried into my shoulder. "Be-Because Joe. You don't understand! I knew of you before we met the other day. I have had a crush on you for over a year." He released me and stared at me. Through big wet, droopy eyes. "So to me, it's been forever. To you...it's been a day..." 

I understood what he meant. But that doesn't mean he could just come and drop 'I love you' on me, and expect me to reply normaly

"I get it, Zach...But I..." "Can't say it back? I didn't expect you too. I just...wanted you to know, I suppose." He stopped staring at me, and stood up. "I think..I'm going to go home. Can I call you later?" He didn't look at me. "Sure." I stood and typed my phone number into his contact list. Once I handed him phone again, he looked at me. "Joe." "Yeah?" "You don't hate me..right?" "No, of course not." I leaned over and kissed his forhead, then whipped away a not-yet-dried tear on his cheek. "Now get home and cleaned up." He smiled slightly. "Yeah..Okay. Bye, Joe." "Bye Zach." 

He left and I returned to sitting on my bed. The small blanket still had his sent... He smelled like some fancy cologne. I liked it.

~Poke~

I didn't regret saying it. It had to be said. Because it was true. I loved Joe. And honestly, there was no denying it. Not anymore.

I went home and cleaned up my face before my mom noticed I was back.