9

~Poke~

All day I just kept tapping my fingers on the edge of my desk, my pencil on my hand or my foot on the floor. All efforts of trying to be patient and wait for school to end to see Joe. But I couldn't be patient. No matter how hard I tried. I couldn't wait to see his smiling face. To possibly hold his hand in mine as we walked farther and farther away from everyone else.Making it just us. When it's just us. I thought.

It makes it magical.

~Tofuu~

I was afraid...Afraid of what others would think of me (And Zach, for that matter) once, or if they found out we where gay.

I avoided Leah the best I could. But it's not like I could change my seat. Or the fact that she sat right next to me. 
"Hi." She said lightly, looking at me with big, sparkeling blue eyes. "Hey." "How was your second day?" She asked.

Really? She wasn't going to ask about this morning? Or about...Zach? 

"It's been going good." "Any classes with your...friend?" She slirred on the word 'friend' "No." She stuck out her lower lip in a playful manner. "Aww." She leaned closer to me.. "Joe. I saw you and Zach this morning...you...kissed him..." She whispered. I felt my muscles tighten and my face turn red. She leaned away. Still in a whispered tone she said; "Don't worry. I exceot it. I wont tell anyone." I relaxed into my chair. I looked into her eyes. "Thank you, Leah. You have no idea how much that means to me." She smiled at me. "It's no issue."

Then the class started. An hour later the bell rang, and I rushed out to meet Zach.

~~

 I slammed my locker closed and headed out to the main school doors. Not wanting to waste a second I could be spending with Zach. Cheesy? Yup.

But as I walked toward the main door, the door to a science class room opened. And two guys stepped out. Right in front of my way.

"Oh, uh, sorry." I mumbled. Again, not wanting to waste my time. As I tried going around them, I noticed no one else was around. I don't think this was going to end well.

"Excuse me." I said, louder. "What do you think, should I move?" One of the guys looked at the other. Who shook his head. I sighed. "Come on, I need to meet up with my friend." They just laughed. "Not your friend. Your gay lover.'" "What!?" I yelled. "I'm not gay! He is my friend!" The bigger guy pushed me. I stumbled and fell backwards and landed on my butt. Then before I could react, they attacked me. Fortunately a teacher came by and they left me alone. The teacher didn't ask many questions, so I ran outside as fast as my recently kicked legs would carry me.

But Zach wasn't where he said he would be. And I noticed the busses where gone. "Frick.." I said under my breath. I ran down the side walk. "Hopefuly I can catch up to him.." I stopped my run and picked up a slight fast-walk. I couldn't kiss him if I was out of breath.

Then I saw him just standing there. Crying. 

~Poke~

I waited around outside the school for a bit. Not for a bit, actually. I was waiting outside for so long the busses had all ready left. 'Where is he..?' I asked my self. I sighed and just started walking down the side walk. I'll just stop by his house later tonight. He told me he would wait for me... I wonder whats got him busy? Maybe he decided not to go out with me after all. I mean, he did say 'We can't speak of this' and 'it can't happen again.' 

I knew I was pushing my own thoughts to far. I knew I was going to make my self cry if I didn't stop. But I continued thinking the things anyway. And soon enough, I felt my eyes warm up and the tear run down my redend face. "F-Fri-Frick..." I mumbled and shook my head. I stopped walking and hung my head. My arms hung loosly and my sides. Until I felt someones solf hands grab my shoulders. 

"Zach..?" A soothing voice asked. "J-Joe?" I looked up and sure enough, I looked into Joe's beautiful shimering eyes. There was worry on his face. At first I was confussed, then I realized it was because I was crying. Stupid. He side stepped in front of me, and placed a hand on my tear-stained cheek. My tear stopped coming once I knew he was there.

"Why are you crying? What happened?" Suddeny, I felt anger rise up inside me. I snapped at him, and ripped away from him. "You happened! You didn't wait for me! I don't even know where you where! I thought you left me! Decided you...didn't want to be with me..." He replaced his hand on my face. "No. No no no! Don't ever think that way! Want to know where I was, when I wasn't waiting for you?" He raised his voice, but he wasn't neccisarily yelling at me. "Wh-where?" 

Thats when I noticed the slight purple-green bruise puffed up on the left side on his left eye. I made a slight gasp noise as I slowly lifted my hand and gently touched at the bruise. He flintched to the right. "Sorry." I whispered. "So..what happened?" "I was leaving to my locker.."

He told me the story and I just looked into his eyes. "Oh my god, Joe...I am so sorry..." He smiled at me. "It's okay. But uh...Can I uh.." I giggled slightly. Then pressed my lips to his.