11

~Poke~

"Honey? Are you home?" My mom called. "Yeah. I'm in the bathroom." The door was not closed. She walked up the small flight of stairs and leaned on the door way.  I stood by the sink, splashing my face with the cold running water. 

"So. You told him, didn't you?" she asked so suddenly, I spun around. Causing water to spray at her a bit. "What are you talking about?" 

My mom didn't know I liked Joe. Or at least...I didn't think she knew...

She leaned off the door frame and crossed her arms. But she wasn't mad..she was smiling. "Zach. Maybe if you didn't want secrets to be shared, you should hide your diary instead of keeping in your nightstand." "You-You read my dia- It's a journal! And why did you read it?" "I am your mother. I must know your secrets. But I never thought I would find out my son was gay this way." I felt my cheeks turn red when she said 'gay'. "Mo-Mom...I didn't mean to keep the secret for so long. I just...didn't know how to say I fell in love with a boy. Anyway you can forgive me?" I felt tears bubble in my eyes. Why did I cry so much..?

She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me in one of those 'mother hugs'. Tight but soothing at the same time. "Forgive you? I was never mad." She released me. "All a mother ever wants is for her son to be happy. And if it's a boy that can make you happy, so be it." I hugged her. "Thanks mom. I love you. T-Thanks for understanding.." "No problem. But you know...now we have to have a talk." 

Oh god.

~Tofuu~

I just sat around doing my homework and messing around on my computer. Then Zach called. 

"Hello?" "My mom knows about me and...you." "What!?" I stood up so fast my chair rolled away. "How!?" "Calm down, she's not mad or anything. And she doesn't actually know it's you." "You didn't tell her it was me?" "No, should I have..?" "I don't know. My mom doesn't know. How did she know..?" "She read my um..journal." "You mean your diary?" "No!" "Wait..you wrote about me?"

Creepy.

"In a way. The way a girl does about her secret crush to the super cute jokey that doesn't notice her." I could sense his smile. "Nice simile bud." He giggled and it made me want to hug him...

"So wanna walk to school again tomorrow?" I asked. "Yes! I mean uh," He tried playing it cool. "If you want." I laughed at his little fail. "Yes, I want to. Same time?" "Only if you don't yell at me this time." I blushed, and suddenly felt bad about my actions. "Hey Joe. I'm only messing." "Yeah, I know..." After a few long, silent minutes, he said something else. That made me perk up. 

"Will you kiss me again?" I smiled from ear to ear. "Yes."