14

~Tofuu~

I ran. After hearing what he said, I couldn't look at him. I knew...this had to be the right thing. Right....?

But wait. I left him. I just...left him. What if he did something to him self? The look in his eyes...

I turned around and stopped. He was no where behind me. Suddenly my heart hurt...The thought of Zach hurting him self... Maybe...he's just behind? I fast-walked down the side walk a bit. Until finally I came accross my home again. Zach was no where around. "Damn it.." I hissed at my self.

Where did he live..? I had never been to his house. I don't know his address... I pulled out my phone. Dialing his number couldn't have happened any slower. But he answered.

"Zach!?" No response... "Zach! Tell me where you are." Nothing. "Are you okay? Don't hurt yourself, okay?" Noth- No...a slight sobbing came from the other end. "Zach? Are you okay!? Where are you!?" The cying got louder. "M-My h-house.." His voice was so low, and filled with pain. "Zach, listen to me. Where is your house?" "O-Only...a few...down." His voice stopped. So did the call. "Damn it." I hissed again. I flipped my phone away and ran down the streat. A few is three, right? A ran up to the third house from mine. No cars in the drivewat. I remember Zach telling me his mom left early in the mornings. I ran inside. "Zach!?" I yelled. I heard the slight crying. I followed it down a peach-colored hall. I tried the first door, it was open and no one was inside. Tried the next. Locked.

"Zach? Open the door. Please." "No...G-Go away..." "No, Zach. Please, come on man." "What do y-you care?" I prounded my fists on the door. Then rested my forehead on its smooth wood. "I do care! I care about you, Zach." His crying grew louder. "I care so much about you. Thats why I left! I don't want to hurt you more." "You wont! Go away, Joe." "No!" I hit the door again and tried the handle.

Still locked. 

~Poke~

I was only able to slid the blade accross my skin once. The pain over whelmed me. Then my phone rang. Thinking it was my mom, I answered. "Zach!?" It was Joe... "Zach! Tell me where you are." I said nothing. 

Next thing I knew, Joe was hitting the bathroom door that locked me in. My arm was getting stickier. And warmer. "Zach...Please. What do I have to do to make you let me in!? I care so god damn much about you. If I loose you...I'll...I'll...please, Zach..." I held the blade to my skin again. I grit my teeth and pulled. 

Gritting them didn't help. I cried out in pain. "Zach!" 

Then I heard his foot steps run down the hall. Silence, then he came back. I heard the door nob shake through the sound of my crying. Then the door swung open. I looked up at Joe's face. Covered in tears and worry. "Zach! Oh my god..." He grabbed a towel hanging loosly on the wall hanger and grabbed my hand, pulling my arm. He wrapped the towel around the fresh cuts tightly. Then he gripped my small razor blade I took from my moms room and through it into the sink. Then he grabbed my face. He looked deep into my eyes.

"No...How could you do this, Zach?" My tears almost blinded me. "With out you, Joe...I am nothing." "Don't you ever say that!" He brought my lips to his. Pressing hard. He kissed me. Again, and again. 

~Tofuu~

I released the kiss. Well, the fourth kiss. "I-I..." My voice was shakey. "I...I love you, Zach. Don't do this again. Please. I love you." I pulled him into a small hug. But it lasted long. Then I went and tended to his cuts. They where straight and smooth...

As I spread a germ-killer over it I asked; "Zach...Have you done this before? The cuts look so...preformed." "Y-Yes...I have. I did it all the time. I don't know why it hurt so much now..." I placed the bandage over them and gently kissed it. "Please don't." "Don't what?" He asked. I looked into his eyes. "Don't do it again." He looked away.

"You said it. But didn't mean it." "What?" He looked at me once more. "You said 'I love you'. But you didn't mean it." "What do you mean?" "You said it to help me." "No. Zach...I love you. I really really love you." He started crying again. I pulled him into my arms and he hugged back. Tight. He gripped my shirt.I pulled away, when he didn't want to.

"No, Joe please...I want to hug you..." His lower lip quivered. I smiled. "No. I have a better plan." I pressed my lips to his.

And he kissed me back.