"Finally you're here! Your whore won't leave!" She yelled.

"You missed me?" I closed the door, setting my stuff down on the nightstand. I crawled into the bed, kicking my shoes off.

"I did, I also don't have a class today. Our Business class got cancelled for today."

"We do have that class together, don't we?"

"Yeah."

"I don't mean to break up this little happy whatever the fuck this is but Beyoncé and I have somewhere to be."

"You nicely asking me to leave?"

"Would've done it rudely but I'm not in the mood." Amani smiled at her. I shook my head then pecked Donna's lips.

"I'll see you later boo." I whispered against her lips, making her smile. She got up and shut the door behind her.

"Where we gotta be?" I asked her.

"Nowhere, I just wanted that hoe to leave."

"You ain't shit."

Amani reminded me so much of Diamonté it was crazy. I missed my best friend like crazy, I wished she would've come with me but she didn't wanna come to Howard. She didn't even like school. But being here with Amani made me miss everything about Di. At this point, I'm gonna to kidnap her.

••

I tried keeping my eyes off of Onika when she opened the door but I couldn't. She was wearing clothes but shit, she might as well not have been.

This is not what I came to Howard for.

I walked into the house, following her into the living room. The house was huge, it looked like a penthouse suite.

"Nicki why did you follow me? Seriously."

"I didn't follow you-"

"Let's stop beating around the bush, yes you did. Tell it how it is, you grown right?"

Reverse psychology. I'm sure she'd catch it though, she ain't stupid.

"I thought I told you to watch your mouth Beyoncé." She stood in front of me, rubbing her hands down my silk shirt. It was a gift from Amani's parents. "Watch it, I'm the one with the leverage here."

Things were a lot different now and I was more curious than anything. I didn't know a thing about this woman that didn't have anything to do with Seven.

"Are you lying about Seven and that white boy? Where is she, seriously?"

"I'm sure you saw the Twitter post."

I pulled my phone out, going to Twitter to pull up the post I'd reported just a few days ago. Looking in the background, I saw the Howard courtyard.

Oh my fucking God... How in the hell?

I tossed my phone onto the couch. "You're not serious. I got away from y'all, why are y'all here? She knew I was going to Howard and so did you. What is fucking happening here man?"

I flopped down onto the couch with my head between my hands. I'm losing my fucking mind. This is not what this is. This is not what college is about. This is not what I came here for.

"Is it high school all over again? Are you not enjoying your stay here at Howard University?"

"Why are you being childish Nicki? Seriously. All I want is my 4 years away from y'all so I can live."

"It doesn't work that way, especially with the Maraj's, especially with Onika. There was a lot you messed up back in New York and soon a lot here too because that's what you do and you don't care about anyone's feelings but your own."

"Oh but you do?! Let's not act like you were innocent in the situation."

"I never said I was but I was justified. You were not. Even if Seven was cheating on you, you had no clue about it until after."

"And yet you came here to follow me for some dick."

"No but if it's there, I'll pursue it."

"So why are you here?"

"Just to make your life hell."

"You missed me, be real."

I assumed that Onika liked me a lot more than she was telling me. There's simply no other explanation for her being here. Seven too. They're gonna kill me together then Onika's gonna kill Seven because she's the superior killer here.

"In truth, you're a fucked up person Onika."

"That may be but I have reason, you do not. You do things because you're greedy." She walked away from me, making her way up the stairs. If I followed her, I knew what would happen.

I followed like a dummy anyway.

"If I'm so greedy, why do you keep giving it to me?"

"You're not the only one with an appetite."

I shut the door behind us both, watching her.

She moved differently and that appetite she so fondly spoke of, was coming back. I thought staying away from her would force my addictive personality to simmer. Obviously I was wrong because she scares me but I want her, that was a scarier feeling.

I stood behind her, lifting her shirt above her head. The sigh that left her mouth when I unclipped her bra was angelic. This is not okay.

I wish I could stay away from her but it's evident that I can't. I placed my hands on her waist, shoving my face in the crook of her neck. We stayed like that for a minute until she turned around to face me.

"You aren't the little girl I thought you were."

"Obviously." I shrugged. "That's why you came, right?"

"I came to make your life hell, like I said. I wasn't lying. You hurt a lot of people and you don't even care. I'm gonna make you care."

I narrowed my eyes. "You want revenge or something? I don't think it's that serious."

"Soon you'll see it the way I do."

This little game of cat and mouse we were playing always seemed to have me on the bottom. She was gonna win either way. I should've just left her alone.
____________________