Dying

''Y'all! I'm home!'' Nina called as she stepped into her house. It had been a while since she'd actually had someone to come home to, since Chris attended boarding school during the week. Liu poked his head out of the living room and smiled at her. He stepped into the hall.

''Hey Nina.'' he greeted warmly. 

''Hey Louis,'' Nina dropped her school bag and walked over to him. ''I got y'all some stuff.'' she said, reaching into the paper bag she held in her other arm. Liu tilted his head at her as she pulled out a small box and handed it to him. He squinted. ''They're contact lenses. Ya said that you lost yer glasses. Hopefully they work for ya.''

Liu blinked in surprise. ''Oh! Yeah-! Thanks Nina.'' he smiled at her, then stepped past her. ''I'll go put 'em on. Jake's in the living room.''

''Alright.'' Nina watched him run up the stairs before walking into the living room. ''Hey cap'n.'' she greeted. Jeff looked from the tv to her. He frowned.

''...Captain?'' Jeff looked at her. His voice was rough, and a little nasally from his stuffed nose and sore throat.

''Yeah. Like a pirate,'' she pointed to one of her eyes. ''Because of yer eyepatch.'' she grinned at him. Jeff laughed gently.

''Oh.'' he smiled at her. ''How was school?'' he asked, tilting his head.

''Eh...it was fine.'' she walked over to the armchair by the window and put the paper bag in between her legs. She dug around in it and pulled out a couple things. More eyedrops, painkillers, extra bandages and...snacks. Specifically a box of snoballs. Jeff's eye widened in excitement and he sat up a bit. Nina smirked, noticing his excitement. ''Ya like these too?'' she asked. Jeff nodded. ''They're my favorite.''

''I'm more of a cup cake kinda guy- oh! Have you ever tried the mermaid ones they did?''

Nina nodded. ''Those were gooood.''

''I know right?'' Jeff smiled. ''Wish they'd bring em back...''

''They probably will,'' Nina shrugged. ''They only limit 'em so they sell more.'' she said as she opened the box. She pulled out a snoball and tossed it over to Jeff. it bounced off of him and landed on the ground beside the couch. He reached down and grabbed it, dusting off the plastic packaging.

''They do?''

''Yeah. It's a marketing tactic.'' Nina murmured as she chewed on her own snoball. Jeff frowned.

''Huh...'' he mumbled.

They sat there in silence for a bit, just eating until they were interrupted by footsteps running down the stairs. Liu leaned into the living room, grinning from ear to ear. Jeff looked at him curiously. ''The contact lenses work!'' he chirped. Jeff smiled wide.

''You can see?'' he asked excitedly.

''Yup!''

''...how do I look?''

Liu laughed. ''Just as cool as I remember you.'' he replied, shooting a finger gun at his brother. Jeff snickered.

''Nice.''

''Here, Louis.'' Nina threw a snoball across the room. Unlike his brother, Liu actually managed to catch it.

''Thanks.'' He said as he strode across the room and sat down on the arm of the couch across from where Jeff lay. ''How was school?'' he asked while chewing on the marshmallow-y snack.

''Jake already asked me that.'' Nina said with a soft laugh. She yawned and flopped against the armchair. ''It was alright...long...'' she sighed. She tapped her fingers against the arm of the chair and looked at the two brothers. She shifted where she sat. ''Y'all hungry? I can make dinner.''