Chapter 3- Are you a Grim Reaper?

Hi guys! It has been a while. I apologize for updating late. There had been so many works to be done because it is the first day of class! By the way, Happy Teachers' Day to all the hardworking teachers out there! This update is dedicated to them and to a special person who celebrated her birthday yesterday! Enjoy reading guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3

Are you a Grim Reaper?!

In the middle of the sunflower field, not too humid, wind full of warmth is caressing my face as I turn around to appreciate the beauty of nature. What a perfect day indeed.

Bang!

A thunderous sound is still echoing inside my head.

'It is too painful.'

'I cannot breathe.'

As I open my eyes, everything went black. Then, gradually, the previously bright-colored yellow sunflower field as if turned into ashes as its petals turned into gray!

Suddenly the grassland becomes shaky.

I cannot keep my feet firm on the ground anymore.

I fell into a black hole with no end. I did not have time to scream.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the water came splashing towards me together with the uprooted sunflowers with gray petals as if warning me of the grim outcome I will have today.

It kept pushing me down to an unknown abyss ready to drown me to the point of no return. My life is indeed a pool of rubbish and misfortune.

All the sunflowers in the field are now floating around me. They had been uprooted and just floating around me. I have this hunch that they are either guarding me to ensure my tragedy or to accompany me to remind me of how doom my life is.

No. These flaws I have is just a speck of dust in the middle of my worthy life. If one deserves happiness, then I deserve a far better ending!

'Mom... Dad! Help!'

I continue to yelp for help trying to lift myself up towards the water surface. To no avail, these yellow flowers are just hindrances.

Suddenly a blinding light covers my eyesight. Emerging in the blinding light is a silhouette I somehow have been too familiar with. Where have I seen that man?

With that sharp jawline, I am sure that I can never be mistaken.

What happened?! An encounter turned me to be too familiar with his well-built body.

Gradually... slowly, the very first thing that confirms my intuition is when I saw those eyes. It gives me the chills. That gaze is too cold that it burns my heart.

He slowly approaches me. He is trying to pull me out of the water as he envelopes his hand around me.

Together, as he lifts me up towards the surface, with that unknown, disturbing emotion, I knew I am home.

When we reach the surface of the water, with only the uprooted sunflowers surrounding us, reality hit me.

Hey! This cannot be happening! I stared at him intently as he said that irritating phrase to my ears.

'Enjoying the view?'

Whaaaaaaaaat the heck?!

"Blaaaaaag!"