Chapter Seven: How Did Hannah Have This Effect on Me?

Chapter Seven: How did Hannah have this effect on me?

{Brady's POV}

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Did I just kiss Hannah and say it didn't mean anything? What is wrong with you Brady? It's obvious now that she likes you!

Or maybe she just wanted to kiss me like all the other girls.

Fuck.Fuck.Fuck.

I'm screwed for life.

But the kiss was amazing. I wanted more.

----------

The vacation went by incredibly fast. Hannah and I were awkward around each other. But I'd say the best part was the kiss and us sleeping together. I played with her hair as she slept, and when she woke up we'd just lay with each other until Mr. Auburn told us to get up.

Hannah and I cuddled on the airplane and when we got home, she barely spoke. She kept checking her phone every two seconds and when she got the message she was waiting for, her whole face lit up.

She left her phone on the counter and it buzzed so I decided to see what popped up on the screen.

It was from Thomas:

Hannah, stop you don't like Brady he's a dick to you.

I swiped the screen to see if she had a lock, and she did. I guessed her birthday as the lock. It didn't work. I guessed my birthday. It didn't work. I guessed the date of the day we kissed which was September tenth, and it worked.

She put her lock code as the date we kissed.

The jungle built up in my stomach.

I read the messages between her and Thomas:

Thomas: Hey
Hannah: Hi
Thomas: Did Brady tell you I like you?
Hannah: No, you like me?

Was she covering up for me telling her?

Thomas: Yea, you're hot.
Hannah: Thanks, but I don't feel the same
Thomas: Really? Who do you like?
Hannah: A boy.
Thomas: Hannah, stop, you don't like Brady he's a dick to you.

Hannah came into the kitchen, "Why do you have my phone in your hand?" She asked, staring at her phone in my hand. I shut off the phone, "Oh, Thomas texted you and I thought it was my phone." I said. Hannah rolled her eyes, "You read the messages didn't you?" She asked. I handed her phone, "Yea, sorry." I said. I expected her to get mad, throw a tantrum, but her cheeks went red, "You remembered the date we kissed?" She asked. I nodded, slowly. She nodded and walked away.

She was the cutest thing.

-'-

Evan came back from food shopping and noticed the tension between Hannah and I. He smirked at me, "Did you guys kiss?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, "Dude stop asking this question." I said. He asked that question maybe fifty times in the last five minutes. Evan just smiled each time.

"I know you like her." He said.

I glared at him, "I don't like her." I said. Evan rolled his eyes, "Then explain the constant teasing, the fighting, and when you look at her and just think about her, your face lights up." He said. "It's happening right now." He said. My cheeks burned.

How did Hannah have this effect on me?

No matter how bad I wanted to tell Evan about my feelings for Hannah, I just couldn't do it. Evan was her best friend, and he was one of mine, but I just didn't trust him. He'd make it obvious about me liking her and I couldn't afford that.

To be honest I didn't think Evan would have liked Hannah and I together so much. I thought he was in love with her.

I guess I was wrong.

I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

{Hannah's POV}

Brady was shirtless sitting on his bed. I wanted to talk to him about the kiss, and what it actually meant. I also wanted to tell Evan so bad.

I cleared my throat to catch Brady's attention. I smiled, "Um, can I come in?" I asked. Brady nodded and patted an empty spot on the bed for me to sit. I sat beside him, "I wanted to talk about..." I trailed. Brady nodded, "The kiss and you want to tell Evan." He said. I nodded. Brady nodded, "Truth?" He asked. I nodded, "I want the truth." I said. Brady nodded.

"I kissed you because it felt right at that moment." He said. I nodded I agreement. Brady continued, "I don't really know what it meant."

Bam there it is the total heartbreak of the conversation. The part where it's not the actual truth because he doesn't even know himself.

But I know the truth on my side, the kiss meant that we liked each other more than the 'friends' or whatever we say we are.

I like him; actually, I like him a lot. I'm just scared about the heartbreak.

I nod and then get up from the bed, "I don't know what it meant, either, but Brady just consider this next question that I'm about to ask you." I said. Brady nodded.

"Don't you think it could mean that we could possibly have feelings for each other?" I asked as I walked to leave the room. Brady's hand caught my wrist, "That's what I thought." He said. My face went bright red.

But even more surprising, his did too.

I looked up at his eyes, "Do you want to tell Evan about the kiss?" I asked. Brady nodded slowly, "And then after that I have a question for my own for you." He said.

I nodded and we left the room to tell the biggest Bannah shipper about the kiss.