chapter thirty three - samalam

"Why are you-"

"I'm sorry"

"You saw the snapchats?" she asks.

"Yeah, I meant what I said about us being nothing - so he can do what he wants really"

"That's weird though" Madison mumbles.

"What?"

"Clubs usually aren't his scene, he usually just picks up girls and.. messes with them, then leaves them. Mind you that hasn't happened in" she pauses "ages"

I raise an eyebrow "he made out with a girl on the bus like last week"

"Trust me, that's ages"

We fall into an awkward silence so I shrug and ignore the conversation to ensure I don't think about it too much.

Madison grabs my hands and snaps me back to reality.

"He's a dick" she reassures me.

I nod and she continues doing her make-up.

"You ready?" She asks me.

"For what?"

"We're going to the mall, remember?"

"Crap" I mumble.

"I can't, Ken told Jack that one person had to stay with him tonight because he's grounded"

"He picked you?" She raises her eyebrow.

Her tone is slightly harsh but I choose to ignore it.

"Yup"

She nods before receiving a message on her phone and quickly checking it.

I hear four loud knocks at the door and decide to check it seeing as nobody else is here.

I open the door to be greeted by Ken.

"Hey Sarah, thanks for volunteering to stay behind with Jack" he smiles.

Volunteering?

"Um, yeah, it's fine"

"I haven't seen him, do you know where he is?" he questions.

"Um, y-yeah he's in here"

I don't know why I'm saving his ass when he clearly has no nice bones in his body but a part of me doesn't want him to get in trouble again.

Considering I will probably have to stay back with him if he gets 'grounded' again.

"Oh really? Can I speak to him?"

Crap

"He's sleeping" I block the doorway with my arm and receive an odd look from Ken.

He slowly nods, "okay well, tell Madison to hurry up and Carter also, if you see him"

I nod quickly and close the door.

I walk back into the room.

I decide that telling her about Carter will be the best thing to do and if she's already on edge with me then she may as well know the truth.

"Madison" I say as she finishes her mascara.

"Yeah?"

"Um, you saw Carter making out with that girl on snapchat right?"

She nods, not giving me her full attention.

She tightens her grip around her brush.

"I don't care"

"Obviously" I say sarcastically.

"You know what, you've really got some nerve talking to me about Carter when you'd rather stay here with Gilinsky" she pauses, as if she's considering what to say next but says it anyways, "when he clearly shows no interest in you whatsoever"

I'm slightly taken back my her harsh words, considering not two minutes ago we were fine.

"Where the hell did that come from? What makes you think you can just walk all over me? Don't think that just because you're famous or whatever that it gives you any more right to treat me like shit"

"I'm just saying" she huffs and turns back to the mirror.

"Okay Madison, you just keep doing your make-up while Carter's out there with some blonde slut at a club"

She stops and turns to glare at me.

"Now you're just trying to start shit"

"No actually I'm not, and maybe when you get over yourself you'll be able to see that"

"Get over myself? Wow, I'd really like to see things from your perspective Sarah"

I flash a fake smile, "see, I'd say the same but I'm not too keen on fidning out what the inside of your ass looks like"

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, maybe you've shoved your head so far up your there that you can't hear me"

She glares at me, obviously out of things to say.

She grabs her purse and marches towards the door.

I laugh to myself once I hear the door shut.

I should probably be upset about all this but honestly I wasn't. It's not like I had a reason to be, nothing she was saying was true, apart from the bit about Gilinsky not liking me, which I already know so I guess I didn't care.

Besides, I did get a kick out of seeing the look on her face.

My laughter is suddenly cut off by a clap, followed by another, then another again.

Then, in walks the person I wanted to see least at that moment in time.