chapter two - strictly girls only

When we arrive, Andrea is moody as ever from the four hour journey and I suddenly turn into the bag carrier.

Might I add, Andrea doesn't travel light.

We had been told that we would be touring on a bus most of the time and that it would be waiting in the car par when people arrive from their various flights.

When the sliding glass doors open we are greeted not only by a warm LA breeze, but also by a monster of a bus.

The bus was massive and red with all of our names in white italics along the bottom, going around the wheels to the front.

A low profile was clearly not key, seeing as bold red letters read 'YOUCON 2015'

My jaw drops as did Andrea's, but after I realised she was just yawning, I closed my mouth.

I hardly even notice the man standing at the door of the bus until Andrea's face lights up and she runs towards him.

"Ken" She yells, engulfing him in a clumsy and jetlagged hug.

"Sarah, this is Ken, the tour manager."

He's dressed a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. His black hair compliments his green eyes and structured jawline.

"Sarah" he smiles warmly, "It's a pleasure to have you on tour with us"

I return the smile, thank Ken and follow Andrea as she had already stumbled to the door of the bus.

"I have to make a few phone calls however the bus is the same as last year so Andrea will be able to show you around. See you later girls. Oh yeah and here are your keys and a list of everyone's arrival times, have fun" Ken smiled warmly and pulls out his phone, walking off.

"I like him" I say, following Andrea.

"You like his jawline" Andrea rolls her eyes.

"Okay so through here is the living room but it has loads of video games and stuff in it so the boys will probably be occupying this space more regularly than us" she tries to sound sophisticated through her tiredness, "there are also tv shows and movies in a cabinet next to the massive tv on the right."

"Through these curtains are the boys' bunks and through there are glass doors which lead to the kitchen." Andrea gestures, obviously not bothered to walk me through the whole place.

I had never been treated so out of the ordinary before, I wasn't sure whether or not I liked it.

Andrea then led me up a set of stairs but it was really more like a ladder.

"Up here is strictly girls only. No boys." She says guiding me up.

"That would be what strictly girls only implies" I mumble.

She places her key card over the scanner on the door as if it were a hotel and opened the door revealing a massive room with five mattresses in the middle and a large table at the back.

The entire back wall was replaces with a tinted window which I personally thought was really fascinating but Andrea didn't seem too fussed.

She throws our bags onto this rack type thing and I glance down at the piece of paper that Ken had given me, it made me feel better being able to know when everyone would be arriving.

We pretty much stay in silence, half asleep for an hour until we get a knock at the door.

Glancing at the list, I assume it's Mahogany. Andrea talks to her loads but I've never met her.

"Aaaahh" Andrea yells, embracing Mahogany in a massive hug, appearing to be somewhat engulfed in her giant red curls.

Mahogany had wild curly red hair which was relatively pulled back with a flower crown but something told me it wasn't really serving much of a purpose as her hair was so crazy. She was wearing sweats and a tank top, with black converse and a bright pink vans bag thrown lazily over her shoulder.

"You must be Sarah" She says and surprises me with a hug that almost sent me falling to the floor.

"How could you guess" I say once our spontaneous greeting had come to an end.

"You're gorgeous" she adds casually, throwing her suitcase in the rack.

"Says the one with the hair anyone would kill for" I reply.

"Trust me, not after a three hour plane ride they wouldn't"

I laugh and she makes herself at home.

"So who's next to arrive?" Andrea asks.

"Um, Madison" Mahogany answers, glancing at the arrivals sheet in my hand.

"What's she like?" I ask.

"She's super chill, and super pretty, oh and sh-" just as Mahogany was about to continue the door clicked and in walks a stunning brunet wearing grey sweats and a white cropped tank top. She had dark eyebrows like me and her hair was perfectly straight at her sides.

"If I never have to carry these bags again it'll be too soon" she moans, throwing her luggage on the rack.

We all get up to greet her, Mahogany and Andrea in front as I stood just behind them.

"It's been way too long" she says and winks at them.

"Sarah right?" She says flashing me a kind smile.

I nod and she greeted me with a warm hug which I happily returned.

When we both let go she holds on to my shoulders and inspects my face.

"You're so pretty god" she says with her eyes wide, making things one hundred times more awkward.

Unsure as to why I was being so highly praised, I thank her kindly and return the compliemnt truthfully.

I don't understand where all the compliments are coming from considering everyone looks all cute and I'm in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Waut so are you and Carter on?" Mahogany asks.

I look around, unsure as to who she's talking to.

Madison rolls her eyes before replying "No"

"How come?" Mahogany asks.

"The only reason he kept us a secret was so that he could fuck around with other girls and the fans wouldn't think he was cheating"

"Well he sounds lovely." I say trying to sound as sarcastic as possible.

A chorus of cheering was heard from downstairs as our laughter died down.

"That'll be Nash, Cam and Hayes."

I looked at them confused and tell me about them.

"Nash is hilarious, Cameron's chill and Hayes is only fifteen but acts older" Madison informs me.

"A lot older" Andrea laughs and then others join in. I was obviously on the outside of the inside joke but I didn't really mind.

"I'm going to change, I feel gross" I said.

"You look gross too" Madison laughs.

Thank heavens these people have a sense of humour, I'd feel so uncomfortable if they were all fake.

"Yeah same here" said Mahogany chuckled.

I change in to white denim shorts and a light pink tank top.

"Damn, great minds think alike" Madison says as I walk out from my corner to see her standing in a similar outfit, with black shorts and a similar shade tank top.

I laugh and take my hair out of it's horrendous bun, causing my top to rise up.

"How long have you had yours done?" Madison asks, referring to my belly button piercing.

"I got it for my fifteenth birthday and I'm sixteen now. So a year and a bit"

"Same with mine" she replies, revealing her similar piercing.

"When do you turn seventeen?" I ask.

"Not until January 26th, you?"

"November 14th" I reply smiling.

I also found out that Mahogany was seventeen making her the second oldest so far.

Mahogany stands up to retrieve speakers from her bag.

We listen to music and get to know eachother for what seems like hours.