☁︎[football]☁︎︎

-College au
-No warnings :)
-Just fluff ♥︎

———

the sound of his alarm filled his ears pulling him from an amazing dream. he groaned slamming his hand down on the device, silencing the damn thing. he was not a morning person and dreaded climbing out if the warmth and soft sheets. when he did he always contemplated crawling back in the comfortable mattress, but since he could not fail his classes he always had to get up.

tapping to the closet in the corner he threw off his pajamas. he put on a sky blue shirt with a white turtle neck underneath, and they were tucked into his black jeans. sliding socks on his feet he picked up the white converse struggling to get them on. he finished placing the 'clout' glasses on his fluffy hair. grabbing his bag he left his room, walking through the empty apartment to the front door. he walked out locking it behind him making his way to his car. it was a black honda accord and had a couple stickers on the back.

his apartment was on campus, so the drive to the university was short; sometimes he walked if he felt like it. parking his car in the parking lot, he stepped out with his bag pulling the glasses down over his brown eyes. he closed the door behind him and locking it as he walked away. on his way to the lecture, he placed his airpods in his ears to avoid conversation. when he walked in the room there was a couple people, but he did not dare to look at them. he sat in a corner, pulling out his phone scrolling aimlessly through twitter. he sighed until he felt hands make their way around his neck resting on his chest.

"clay i swear," the brunette looked up and made eye contact with a dirty blonde boy. his best friend, clay, was always 'platonicly' flirting with him. making small moves like hugging him from behind, so the best way george could describe it was a leach. "get off me."

"but georgie." he glared at him and the taller male frowned letting go of george sliding into the empty seat. soon, nick came in stealing clays attention with talk about football practice. its weird that the captain and co-captain of the football team were friends with the schools smart, art major student. he was thankful for clays short attention span because his cheeks were practically stained pink.

having a crush on one of your best friends is the worst thing that can happen to you, well in georges book it was. they were in their sophomore year of college and he liked clay since they first met, the first day of freshman year in high school. since then they grew extremely close and hung out nearly everyday. they had a lot of similarities; like coding, being smart, loving animals, and many more things. the brunette never had good friends, so when he met clay he thought he just confused his feelings. he then realized how nervous he would get around him, how his palms would sweat, and the butterflies that never left his stomach. he was falling fast and hard.

he regretted it fast because he couldnt stop falling. everything clay did made him laugh or smile. the way clay smiled made him melt down to a puddle and his laugh was highly contagious. clays emerald eyes were the thing george loved the most. he could stare at them all day.

"george!" he whipped his head to the voice and it was nick. clay introduced the brunette to his whole friend group and everyone accepted george right away.

"you good?" the blonde next to him said looking at him with a concerned gaze. george nodded with a smile and clay smiled back. "well, wanna hang with everyone later at bad's place?"

"sure." the smaller male replied and decided to finally listen in and maybe actually pay attention, but all he could focus on was clay. his voice sounded like angels and his hair was so fluffy. god please save me.

———

george huffed shoving his books in his light blue bag walking out of the room. he finally finished his last lecture which meant spending time with his friends, and most importantly, clay.

a small grin stayed on his pink lips and he spotted said boy talking to their friend wilbur. he walked up to them and clays attention went right to george. the smile on clays face was huge. george was his muse and his reason to keep on pushing. he was just so bright to the taller male. his brown doe eyes were like pulls of honey and they always made clay calm. "hello wilbur. dream."

clay smiled down at the boy after using the nickname, everyone called him it, but george saying it made his heart do backflips. wilbur smiled down at george too waving lightly. the blonde boy just stared at george who fell into a comfortable conversation with the other brunette.

"you're being awfully quiet," george laughed now making eye contact with the boy towering over him. wilbur must of walked off because when clay snapped back he was gone, but now it was just him and his crush. "clay?"

"oh, um, i was just thinking about the game." his emerald eyes locked themselves to people walking by. he heard a soft huffed as george began to walk and, of course, clay followed. "what?"

"you're always talking about football." he crossed his arms as they began to walk to georges car. clay lived in the dorms and nick was his roommate, but he rarely slept there always being at georges. they were inseparable.

"yea with my other friends," clay smiled standing infront of the brown eyed boy. he had his right hand on the short ones waist. "now its just me and you."

he smirked pushing clays hand away. "i know now come on."

———

if you think i should make a pt. 2 let me know :). im not every good at writing, but i tried. 😳

word count: 1017

word count: 1017