☁︎︎[lemon bars]☁︎︎

no warnings!!
-

Clay huffed when he left up the boxes, knees cracking before he slowly made his way to the counter. He carefully put the boxes on the marble countertop before looking around his kitchen for one more thing. Green eyes spotted the wanted thing sitting next to his fridge, a mixer. He sighed going to get the device to put it closer to the boxes. In said boxes, their is various amounts of ingredients because the blonde wanted to start some baking.

He boyfriend was currently visiting family in England and was said to arrive tomorrow morning. Clay thought he could show off his new skills that he developed in the 2 weeks he was gone.

The man had a website pulled up on his laptop and was in perfect view so he could read. Satisfied with his set up, the man took his box cutter from his jeans and opened the box on top. He pulled out flour, sugar, and lemons. The blonde then made his way to the fridge taking out butter and 4 eggs. First, he preheated the oven to 350 and blended together the softened butter, 2 cups floor, and a half cup of sugar. He pressed the crumb like mixture into a degreased pan.

Grabbing another bowl he whisked his lemon juice, eggs, sugar, and flour for the lemon bar filling. Once he finished whisking the ingredients, the crust was browned and ready to be taken out. He went to go that them out, forgetting a glove, and hissed in pain before running it under the sink. He sighed in relief when the water his his hand. The blonde then used his other hand, remembering a mitt this time, and took out the crust. He quickly grabbed the first aid kit in the kitchen and wrapped his hand to continue cooking. Pouring in the yellow substance, he smiled at how good it was going... i mean besides getting burnt.

He baked that for an additional 20 minutes and while he waited he decided to watch an episode of Spongebob. He quickly ran to the kitchen when the alarm went off and took out the pan with mitts on both hands. It made his injured had throb a bit, but he ignored it as he dusked some powdered sugar on the bars. He then put them in the fridge to chill and began making other sweets. The floridan decided to make his boyfriends favorite dish last, cheesecake.

He already made lemon bars, brownies, and danishes. It was 8:30 pm when he was starting the cheesecake, and the kitchen was an absolute mess. His hand hurt and he felt like he needed a nice warm shower, but anything for his beloved. He pushed through the pain and started to finely grind his graham crackers. He then added butter and packed it down into his pan and put it in the oven for 8 minutes.

While he waited he got a text from his lover, he smiled while he read it.

Georgie❤︎
im heading to bed now :] flight at 5!! im so excited i miss you

Dream
                      i miss you more then you know
now get some rest i know its 1 in the morning there
you'll be in my arms by tomorrow pretty boy ;))
read 8:31 pm

Georgie❤︎
stop
see you tomorrow
good night
you stink

Dream
i stink? ok mr. wears the same hoodie for a week
read 8:32 pm

Georgie❤︎
IT IS YOUR HOODIE AND I MISSED YOU SHUT UP FREAK GO TO BED

The blonde chuckled to himself before sending him a picture of patches and cat cuddled up on their bed. George sent a frowning face before leaving Clays next message on read. He probably fell asleep on our messages. The blonde smiled before the timer went off and he pulled the crust out.

In his stand mixer, he whisked his sugar and cream cheese. He poured the filling in and grabbed a baking pan. Clay wrapped the bottom of the cheesecake pan with tinfoil and filled the pan with water, baking it in a water bath. He left it in the stove for an hour, playing some minecraft while he waited and put it in the fridge when it was done.

He did all his dirty dishes next, regretting not cleaning them while he worked. While he cleaned Clay listened to a playlist him and George made. The first song to play was Romance is Boring. He chuckled because the brunet put it in there as a joke because of the cover Wilbur did years ago. Once he was done cleaning, he went to the bathroom and took a much needed shower. When he was finished his shower the blonde grabbed a towel wrapping himself and stepped out. He stood at the sink and unwrapped his hand to apply ointment, so he wrapped it again before going to his and George's room. There he put on some sweats before crawling into bed and cuddling the brunet's pillow close, tomorrow the love of his life will be in his arms again.
-
Clay woke up at 8 am and started his day by feeding the cats. He then watched some cartoons before going to the kitchen and began to cut his deserts. Once done he smiled looking at the time, only 9 am he had a half an hour before he left to go pick George up. He was excited to say the least and started cleaning the apartment, but it was already clean.

Once the time hit 9:30 he threw on some jeans and a hoodie before grabbing his keys and running to his car. He started his car and blasted the road to the airport. The blonde was over joyed and couldn't wait to hug his love close. He got to the airport at 9:54 and rushed his way past people to the gate george would be coming out of.

Stopping at gate 41 he huffed looking at the time on his phone, 9:57. He patiently leaned on a pole waiting for George, so when the clock hit 10 he shoved his phone in his pocket. At 10:05 everyone started walking out and his heart was pounding looking at every face that came out. He finally relaxed when he saw a short brunet walk out looking around until his eyes landed on the taller. They softly smiled at each other before George made his way over.

"George, oh my god." He smiled holding up the boy and hugging him close. The blonde took in his scent with a long inhale.

"Hi, you got stronger geez." George giggled squeezing him back and sighing content. "Ugh, I can not do that again."

"I'll come with you next time." Clay said putting the male down and starring at him. "I cant do that again either."

"Deal, What happened to your hand?" George asked looking down at his wrapped, left hand. The blonde nervously scratched the back of his beck.

"i burned it, but don't worry im ok." The floridan said smiling.

"ok if you say so, lets get home im-" He yawned covering his mouth. "im tired."

"Ok lets go, Bubs." He smiled wrapping his arm around his love as they walked to baggage claim. Clay grabbed the older's bags before they made their way out of the large airport. They got in the car and Clay softly hummed to the music. George listening quietly as he played with his boyfriends fingers.

They got home about 30 minutes later and walked into the house. "I missed home so much." The brunet said inhaling the scent of his home. It smelled like vanilla, wood, and the ocean. He loved it, it was welcoming.

"Ok ok, Sit down on the couch i wanna show you something." Clay said like an excited puppy making the other chuckle, confused. The brunet walked to his couch smiling at how clean his living room was. The two cats he loved dearly came running in to greet George. He chuckled picking both up and holding them close. "Ok which one is first?"

George looked up seeing his boyfriend with a spread of plates with sweets. He stared wide eyed until his surprise turned into a smile.

"lemon bars." He said and Clay came over placing the plates down. "Did you make all this yourself?"

The blonde sat next to him with a small smile. "yep for you, all of this is for you."
-

Hey guys!! sorry i haven't been updating much, i got a job and have been super busy. Ill try on my free time !! :)

word count: 1367