Chapter 9: They Finally Meet

After exiting the system space, Lan Ke couldn't help asking Babao: "Babao, is there a way to contact other universe merchants?"

Babao was puzzled: "Host, what do you want to do?"

There's nothing to hide about this matter, so Lan Ke told him: "I plan to return the heaven devouring vine seed to Ruthless Swordsman, but he didn't come today. Can you contact him?"

"Why do you want to return it to him? Host, are you stupid? This was 100,000 trading points we are talking about! Since he didn't come, we can just sell it!" Babao thought that the 100,000 trading points could fly away from him, so he didn't want to contact Ruthless Swordsman.

Lan Ke insisted: "No, it's precisely because it's too expensive that I couldn't accept it." As the saying goes, you can't collect money without doing any merits. What will she use in return for such a precious thing in the future?

After going through the end of the world, Lan Ke was very familiar with how dangerous a human heart could be. She doesn't want to speculate on the purpose of Ruthless Swordsman, but she will never accept such an expensive gift.

Seeing Lan Ke's insistence, Babao had no choice but to say: "You are now friends, you can send him a private message through the system." After saying that, he turned around and ignored Lan Ke, wanting to keep her away from his line of sight.

Lan Ke got the answer she wanted, thus regardless of Babao’s little sulking, she opened the system's panel, then sent a private message to Ruthless Swordsman. [Are you there? Please reply when you see this, I want to meet you.]

There's no other way. Even if they are friends now, the things that were put in the inventory space couldn't be traded freely. It must be traded in the trading area or in a private shop.

Lan Ke currently doesn't have a private shop, so she could only make an appointment with Ruthless Swordsman to meet in the trading area to return the seed to him.

After the private message was sent, Ruthless Swordsman never responded and Lan Ke had no choice but to focus on her own affairs first. In the afternoon, the supplies she ordered began to arrive one after another.

As soon as the delivery man left, she put everything into her inventory space.

The first to arrive were grains, sacks of rice, millet, flour, corn flour and a variety of specifications that were placed in piles in the warehouse and the scene was very spectacular. Lan Ke got a lot of money after selling her shares. If she couldn't spend all the money sooner, it would all become waste papers in the apocalypse. Therefore, the orders placed by Lan Ke were in bulks, afraid that the money in her hand won't be all spent.

In order to maximize the use of her inventory space, Lan Ke specially bought a lot of plastic bags for packaging. She worried that she would exceed a hundred catties limit, so she classified the packages one after another into different weights like 50 catties, 20 catties, 10 catties, 5 catties and 1 catty as to ensure that each of the packages was 100 catties.

Lan Ke only had one body, so she packed the food for the entire afternoon before she finished packing and storing it all in her inventory space and warehouse. She can't help it. Although it was all grain, there are so many types that it was impossible to store all of them into her inventory space. Thus, most of them were stored in her warehouse.

Fortunately, there are no restrictions on the item types in the warehouse and its storage space is large, otherwise if she only had 20 inventory space, Lan Ke would be worried to death.

For the next three days, Lan Ke was receiving, packing and storing supplies. In addition to food, she also bought all kinds of nuts, spices, meat products, oil, salt, sauce, vinegar and tea. She basically bought everything.

In addition to setting up a stall at 12 o'clock at noon every day, Lan Ke was busy collecting supplies. Three days later, Lan Ke's orders had all arrived, but this wasn't over yet. She directly flew to the south to continue collecting supplies.

It's winter now, but the temperature in the south was high and there's many fruits and vegetables there. Lan Ke came to the south to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, then store them in her inventory space and warehouse.

After the end of the world, the climate became extremely bad that fruits and vegetables have become luxury items. It couldn't be bought even if one holds a crystal core. Lan Ke was lucky enough to be reborn and was able to collect supplies in advance. So of course, she wouldn't wronged herself again.

During this period, Ruthless Swordsman did not reply to Lan Ke, until four days before the end of the world. At the time, she was about to close her stall, who knew that Ruthless Swordsman would suddenly appear in front of her, which shocked her.

"Were you looking for me?" Ruthless Swordsman looked at Lan Ke's stall and suddenly asked, "Is there anything to eat? Give me one."

"It's all finished." In fact, there are still a lot in Lan Ke's inventory space, but she doesn't want to take it out and sell it to Ruthless Swordsman right now. This person made her wait for several days, does he really think that she doesn't have a temper? "This is your stuff, you can take it back. I can't accept it."

Lan Ke took out the heaven devouring vine seed as she spoke, but because there were others around, she didn't say the word "it's too expensive" for fear of causing unnecessary trouble.

"It's not necessary, since I've already given it to you, so it's yours now." Ruthless Swordsman said after just a glance, "This little thing isn't very vigorous. Even if it sprouts by chance, it may not be able to grow. It's nothing precious."

Lan Ke was stunned: "You mean it could die?"

"Not bad." Ruthless Swordsman gave Lan Ke a look of approval. "But although it's not very precious, this thing couldn't be asked for. You better not sell it. If you can, you might as well let it recognize you as it's master. This thing could be useful to you in the future."

When he said this, Lan Ke couldn't refuse anymore. She glanced at Ruthless Swordsman hesitantly, after thinking about it, she said, "This thing could really be useful to me. Since you don't need it, I'll just buy it from you. I will earn enough trading points in the future and I will pay you back along with the profit."

"No need, I'm not lacking trading points." Ruthless Swordsman immediately refused and then said, "Your cooking skills are good. If you really want to repay me, then you can cook food for me."

"It's settled then!" Lan Ke said excitedly, feeling that the big rock that had been hanging in her heart finally fell to the ground.

Contrary to her excitement, Ruthless Swordsman glanced at Lan Ke with disappointment, leaving behind a sentence of "I have something to do. I'll see you next time." Then he hurriedly left.

Lan Ke didn't take it to heart. As soon as that person left, she also left the system space and called Babao out to ask, "Babao, how do the heaven devouring vine seed recognize its master? Is a drop of blood enough?"

Babao shook his head: "Of course not! Host, don't be impulsive! Did you forget what that person said just now? This thing is fundamentally weak. Even if it sprouts, it could die, so it's better to sell it to the center!"

"No, you heard it too. This thing could be useful to me!" Lan Ke refused without any second thoughts. In her previous life, she only awakened the power of enhancement, but only her sense of smell and taste were enhanced, which was comparable to chicken ribs. She doesn't know how the situation in this life would be, if she still awakened those two things, the formidable offensive power of this heaven deavouring vine is what she desperately needs!

So no matter how dangerous it is, she must let this seed recognize her as its master!