Chapter 3: A Stall in the Trading District

Lan Ke looked at the calendar and started counting the days.

Today was 20th of December and there are 11 days left before New Year's Day. If there are no accidents, on New Year's Day, the whole world will be shrouded in darkness. After seven days of darkness, there would be three days of continuous black rain and soon the beginning of global mutation.

Therefore, this New Year's Day is considered the beginning of the end of the century.

She was unprepared in her previous life. In the apocalypse, it can be said that she suffered all the hardships. It wasn't until later when her cooking skills got better and better. Later, a strong man fancied her craftsmanship and her life became better.

Although her rebirth was an accident, if she wants to go through the apocalypse again, this time she will never be attached to anyone.

Therefore, her most urgent task is to improve her strength and reserve materials as much as possible before the end of the world. But the most important thing right now is to become a junior universe merchant and get the gift package promised by the system!

Thinking of what she saw in the trading district before, Lan Ke soon had plans. She didn't take the afternoon exams and after having lunch at home, she went straight to the vegetable market to shop.

Lan Ke prepared everything she needed and started to deal with it when she got home. It took almost an hour to get it done. Immediately afterwards, Lan Ke took her ready-made things and entered the free trading district.

There are not many people coming and going in the trading district. Lan Ke didn't expect to make a lot of money on her first time and she didn't prepare too much this time. She just came to try her luck.

After finding an open space, Lan Ke took out her prepared signboard and let it stand on the side. There were particularly eight arrogant words written in a brush: World's most delicious food and it is unique!

Then, regardless of the complicated gazes of the surrounding crowd, she directly put up her grill with a little bit of charcoal fire, then she put the prepared Naohua one by one. As the temperature continued to rise, the domineering fragrance immediately wafted out and it constantly spread to the distance.

“Eh? What smell is this? It's so fragrant!”

“This is too cunning to actually sell food in the trading district. Why didn't I expect this?”

“Y'all should look at that sign. She dare say that it's the world's most delicious food and it is unique, it's too arrogant!”

“Really talking big, I don't believe it! We have a lot of delicious food over there. I will go buy it and bring it over. Let's see if she still dares to be arrogant!”

Although each of them was sour, their eyes stared at the fragrant grilled Naohua on the grill and their mouths kept swallowing saliva.

The system came out with joy to show its sense of existence: “Oh, I like this smell. Is it ready? Would you like me to try the taste for you?”

Lan Ke was speechless: “Aren't you quite aloof? Did you get hit by a virus?”

System: “Don't you think I'm more approachable now?”

“Not at all!” The end of the world is already bad enough and she doesn't want to face a silly system all the time, “I think it's better for you to be a bit more aloof.”