0͜͡1͜͡2͜͡

U-19

☆︎☆︎☆︎

☆︎☆︎☆︎

After an early train out of Miyagi you and Wakatoshi were on your way out of Miyagi and towards Kita Ward. Much like other time you and Wakatoshi's ride to Kita Ward was full of short conversation and scattered words of encouragement (mostly you although the two times he complimented you warmed your heart).

Much like the train ride the walk to the youth center and as filled with you talking to Ushijima and his usual blunt answers. Eventually the two of you make it to the training center and it's time to part ways.

"Goodbye Y/N, I do hope you excel at your practice today."

"Later Wakatoshi. I hope practice goes well for you too!" You give your cousin a grin, Wakatoshi gives you a nod, his lips pulling up ever so slightly before going back to his neutral expression as he puts his hand down. After your wave goodbye he continues forward as you turn to the left, a grin still on your lips.

A little confused but he's got the spirit.

In your book this was a win. At least Wakatoshi was trying, even if it a little hard to see. You considered this a vast improvement from yesterday's blunt 'You should have been paying attention' when you'd gotten hit with the ricochet of one of his spikes.

You place a hand on your stomach with a cringe, because holy shit did that hurt.

"Yo, Y/N! You good?"

"Oh," You remove your hand as you see the another member of the ice skating team. "Yes. I just had phantom pains."

He shoots a glance at the ankle you'd sprained for a little while last season. "You think you'll be able to practice? Coach said he's checking up on our new routines."

"Yeah, i'll be fine so don't worry."

"Oh! Before practice starts coach said just for a few weeks we'll be doing something a little different at the end of practices."

"Geez," You say walking next to your teammate, Takahashi "A lot of things are different for me now."

"Oh? How do you mean?" Takahashi holds the door to the ice rink open as the two of you step through heading for the changing room.

"I got roped into being the manager for my high school volleyball team and I ended up going to my cousins volleyball team practice too."

Takahashi and you both continue talking as you change.

"Well, I've heard some good things about my school's volleyball club. Maybe our schools will play against one another and we can meet up."

You tug off your shirt to see a shirtless Takahashi looking over at you.

"Mhm," You hum turning back to your locker "What school do you go to again?"

"Shinzen."

"Ah, right. That's not too far. If our teams ever have a practice match. I'll let you know."

Takahashi let's out a low 'yeah'. Both of you going back to changing.

***

You skate to the edge of the rink panting.

Your landing was a little wobbly towards the middle of practice so your coach made you do jumps until you could land perfectly every time. It's safe to say you were absolutely exhausted.

"I saw you having to do all those jumps." You look up to see the coaches daughter holding out a water bottle "Drink up."

"Oh," You reach out and take the water bottle. "Thank you Kina senpai."

Kina begins talking to you as you drink "I heard that we're going to be meeting up with the volleyball team afterwards."

You furrow your eyebrows slightly Why the hell am I getting so many chances to get to know so many volleyball teams??

You move the water bottle away from your lips as you swallow "Do you know why?"

"Apparently at the end of the year, all of the different U-19 teams will mix in a giant competition. But they mix in a team of two. So Volleyball got put with ice skating."

"Y/N get the hell away from my daughter and get back to the ice!!" Your coach barks.

Jumping slightly you put down the water bottle and send Kina an apologetic smile. "Sorry senpai," You kick off and glide backwards "But I gotta go."

***

"I'd like to say I saw some vast improvement this practice. Jumps were landed better, it seems like you'd actually gotten the routine down and none of you were being too lazy. You all aren't aren't acting like shit for once so that's nice. All of you go get changed then meet me in common room three. You all are dismissed."

After being dismissed by the coach you all scatter towards your respective changing rooms. After changing you walk towards common room three.

"L/N kun!"

Yu turn around in confusion to see Fujiko waving at you from the direction of the girls changing room. "Oh, Fujiko san. Would you like to walk together?"

The brunet gives you a grin as she jogs so she's walking in the same pace as you.

"I saw you doing all those jumps towards the middle of practice," Fujiko looks over at you as she twist her hair into a bun "Sucks having so many jumps in one program."

"It could be worse. I was just having a little trouble on the landing's, but at least I didn't fall."

You and Fujiko come across the door to common room three, you opening it for her. The two of you sit down and talk as you both wait for your coach.

Eventually everyone else from the ice skating team (all four of them because there are only six of you) arrived. And then you all were just waiting for the coach.

Once the coach arrived another coach came with. Behind the other coach came a group of twelve.

"Ice skating team this is the volleyball team. Volleyball team, this is the Ice skating team." The volleyball coach introduces.

"Volleyball team, ice skating team." You coach gestures towards both teams with diffrent hands before combining them together with a loud clap "You two will be seeing a lot more of one another from now on. You both will be working together in groups of three. Two from volleyball and one from Ice skating. If you have any complaints keep them to yourselves because I don't care. The groups will be announced momentarily, 'till then talk amongst yourselves I guess." The two coaches leave the room after that and an awkward silence over takes the room.

A/N:
I meant to publish this last night...