0͜͡0͜͡6͜͡

Rain rain, go away come again another day

꧁Rain rain, go away come again another day꧂

☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎

The rain was always something you either admired or hated. 

On one hand, the soft rain always seemed to entice those, both old and young, to take to the outside, in proper rain gear or not, to play in puddles or just take in the refreshing air.

You peer up at the clear umbrella held above your head before turning your attention back to the sidewalk, somewhere behind you a car honks twice.

But, harsh rain with drops that feel like bullets rather than the soft cherry petals of the softer rain, that kind of rain had always unnerved you. You hated not being in the safety of a building and even being in a car made you uncomfortable.

Luckily for you, your quick to arrive at the ice skating rink. It's a Tuesday which means the Nekoma volleyball team should be heading to the private rink anytime now.

You enter the building, your rain soaked umbrella being put in an umbrella bag near the door and thrown into your locker as you grab you practice clothes and skates.

After changing into your usual, really just a black sleeve shirt and some black joggers. It's a wonder how you had any color but black in your wardrobe despite only practicing in the one color.

You head to the rink quickly, you need to warm up and the way you've been timing it, you only get to practice your routine once before the volleyball team arrives, and that's only if your lucky.

___

Once if your lucky is right. You barely got through the first half of your routine before Nekoma waltzes in.

You skid to a stop and as the team goes to take off their hard guards you glide over to your water bottle.

When they step on the ice, your proud to say none of them are wobbling or holding on to one another to stay up rite. In fact most of them can now glide across the ice like Yaku and Fukunaga did the first day.

"Oh, L/N san, Just so you know, It'll probably just be you and Lev here on Thursday. The rest of us have to go to Miyagi." The furrow of your brow and tilt of your head prompt Kuroo to further explain "We have a practice match against Kurasuno. Apparently they are our failed rivals."

You nod with a hum, you remove the water bottle with a soft 'pop'. "Alright then." You place your hands on your hips as you kick off and glide backwards "I guess that means practice will have to be a bit harder on you all than expected."

The volleyball team groans, and you allow a small smirk to crawl onto your lip.

"Me saying practice will be a bit harder doesn't mean just stand there and wait for instructions, we always do two warm up laps around the rink." You raise the water bottle to your lips "Get to it!" You command before taking a sip.

***

Practice was indeed amusing, Lev was quite amused being able to, for once, have a practice easy. Much to the chagrin of everyone else, especially Lev's upperclassmen due to the self satisfied look Lev had on his face the whole time, that literally everyone else from the volleyball team was dying on the ice.

Kuroo promised he'd be doing extra receiving practice due to laughing at his senpai's. You didn't know what receives we're but Lev's face at Kuroo's words sure did make you laugh.

You check your watch and a frown manages to cross your face seeing how late it is.

You glide over to Kuroo who's glaring at the ice as if it had just killed his cat.

"Kuroo san, are you okay?"

Kuroo looks up and over to you "Oh! L/N kun, yeah i'm fine. You need anything?"

"Mhm, it's late so I think i'm just going to end practice here, do you agree or would you like to stay longer?"

Kuroo shakes his head "Nah, we can leave," he looks out as his team that fall on the ice every now and then while doing some of the assigned task for the day. "I think after falling so much we could use a break."

You clap your hands which causes the volleyball teams attention to be set on you.

"I think, we've had enough practice for today, you all need some more work on the ice, but seeing as I gave you two new exercises to do, i think you all did pretty well." You turn to look at the captain "And words for your team?"

"Ah, good job you all. Don't forget to pack for the trip to Miyagi."

You nod "Alright then, practice dismissed."

***

Once Nekoma leaves you find yourself running through your routine a few more times. But after finally being kicked out of the rink by your coach with some words about not over working yourself your ushered to the changing rooms.

Stepping out of the building you sigh outwardly at the rain still pounding against the rooftops and sidewalks, but among it all is a sleek black limo. You hurry to put up the umbrella and rush out to the car, pulling the door open, you slide in and shut your umbrella before closing the door in what seems to be one smooth move.

You nod to the watchful eye of the limo driver from the divider.

"Good evening Watanabe sama."

The limo driver only hums in acknowledging, before he puts the car in dive and drives off into the street.

You turn your head to the window to watch as the rain drops hit against the window, each time making a loud 'thunk' sound.

Yeah, you couldn't wait to get home.

A/N:
Lmao i hate this chapter.

Also, i should've made a plot for this book 💀