25.

Namjoon wiped his sweaty hands on his sides. The second half time was almost up. He was going to be called to play.

Jin had been playing since the game started. He was their best player. The idea of messing up and embarrassing himself in front of the whole school petrified him.

"Alright Namjoon. It's show time. Are you ready?" The coach asked.

He shook his head no, "Coach I-I think I caught a bug. My leg is tingling and I don't feel so good."

"Bullshit. I call those nerves. Don't start this now. We practiced a lot those two days. You have been in practice every day so you should at least know the rules."

"I-I-"

"Alright. Come on. Your turn." He said patting his back. Truth was he was just as nervous as him. Probably even more.

This was a very important game that determined their status in the playoffs. If it was ruined it would be devastating.

Namjoon slowly walked toward the court. He heard loud screaming and he turned his attention to the crowd.

Both Jimin and Taehyung were obnoxiously screaming his name. They even made posters with his number on it.

He looked down his face turning red. He told them not to make a big deal out of this. Yet, here they were directing all the attention to him.

As soon as he got on his spot the game continued. They continued as if he wasn't even there. Which he didn't mind at all.

There was so much noise and a lot going on that he couldn't concentrate. The only thing he was truly looking at was the clock. Thank goodness it was almost over.  At one point he caught eyes with Jin.

Namjoon couldn't help to smile. Jin was breathing heavily. He was positioned across the court. He started screaming at him while pointing.

"What?" Namjoon asked confused. He couldn't make out what was being said. It wasn't until he finally turned around that he saw the ball coming towards his direction.

"Fuck!" He screamed closing his eyes. Out of instinct he managed to catch the ball without it hitting his face.

His heart started beating out of his chest. Slowly, very slowly he opened his eyes. Now the whole room was looking at him.

"Pass the ball!" The coach screamed.

He was frozen. He didn't know what to do. His mind was racing to the max. The team was screaming at him and he couldn't react.

Out of panic he passed the ball to the first person he saw. When he saw the disappointment in Jin's face he realized he passed it to the wrong team.

They scored and earned more points than them. Then to make things worse the clock stopped. He sighed annoyed at himself.

"Jin! Wait!" He screamed as the team started gathering up.

"What?" He asked slightly aggravated.

"I didn't mean to mess up."

"Was it so hard for you to concentrate on the game for once?"

"I-I...sports aren't for me. I tried my hardest."

"Instead of wasting your time smiling at me during the game practice more.

With that being said he walked away. Namjoon's chin quivered. His friends were smiling at him sympathetically from the crowd.

Namjoon being eighteen years old, weighting 148 pound and almost six feet tall never thought he'd want to cry in front of everyone.

Especially because of a guy.