48 - Rock Bottom

Warning - kinda gorey chapter, beware!! Also, not the end. Don't panic. I reckon about 5 more chapters of this book!

King leaves Ajax to rest once he finally fell asleep, heading back towards the main room. As she nears, she recognises the voices floating out. Her walking picks up to a run and she bursts in, Esme already catching her in a hug the moment she's in the room. "Mom!" She gasps.

Esme holds her close. "Oh my baby." She gushes, closing her eyes as she holds King close.

King squeezes her eyes shut for a moment, grabbing Carlisle into the hug too. "What are ya'll doing here?" She whispers.

Carlisle kisses her head gently as they finally pull away. "We came to kick some ass with you."

She smiles small. "Guys... This is my battle."

"Not anymore." Seth smiles, pulling her into a hug. She gets passed from one being to the next, hot to cold to cold to hot, before she's finally let go.

She tucks a piece of hair back. "I don't want anyone-"

"And we don't want you hurt, either." Edward chuckles. "Now, how on earth did you destroy a city?"

King blushes deeply, looking down. "Funny story..."

"She threw a tantrum." Caius rolls his eyes. "A big one."

"Tantrum? I had just found out that my sadistic mother has my fiance and I've been the world's worst fiance by not checking in on him." She snaps. "I'm sorry it was a bit too much for me."

"Well, next time, don't cause a natural disaster." Paul rolls his eyes. "It's hard enough to convince others you're stable."

King frowns as the other wolves hit Paul, evidently he said too much. "They don't want me home huh..."

"Rachel was willing to come here herself just to make sure you're safe." Esme shakes her head. "Of course they want you back."

King looks at Paul. "Tell me the truth."

Paul sighs as the wolves groan. "Sam, Emily, Rebecca, Leah, a few of the others... Think you're a risk to have around. I sorta do too."

"Then why come." She snaps, crossing her arms.

He rolls his eyes. "Because sending my human mate into a vampire coven was not gonna happen, not in a billion years. So I came instead. And were family, so family protects family no matter what."

"Oh... Well... Thanks." King smiles small.

Jasper clears his throat a bit. "Enough of the pleasantries... We have a lot to discuss."

"Mm. Battle plans, yay." King sighs. "Can't I just do it alone again?"

"No!" Several voices snap, including Caius and Esme.

"Jeez okay." She rolls her eyes. "Well, this sort of feels like the round table. Can I be Merlin, since I have the cool powers?" She jokes as they stand in a circle in the large throne room.

"How does this kid joke at times like this?" Emmett shakes his head.

Rosalie rolls her eyes. "She takes after you, dumbass."

King and Emmett wink at each other before Jasper clears his throat again. "Now now." They both pretend to zip their lips. "Thank you. Anyone have any ideas?"

"I can track her." King suggests, looking at Jazz. "I'm her blood, I learned a tracking spell using the dna of the person." She shrugs.

"Option A then. Any other ideas?" He looks around.