09 - Brothers

Now bathed and in cosy leggings and a big hoodie, King helps Billy make some coleslaw. She takes the food out as Embry comes in. "Damn, we should do it here more often."

"No, King already eats too much junk food." Billy tuts, eyeing the several bags of chips she grabs from one of the higher cupboards.

She grins. "My metabolism is great, don't you worry."

"Eat a piece of fruit will you? That's all I ask." He hands Embry the bowl to take out. "You spill any..." He warns.

Em salutes playfully and takes it out. King looks at the food spread out. "Too much..? I don't want them to think I'm trying too hard."

"No its perfect. Emily, Sam's fiance, she's gonna bring some food too. You gals are making our messy gathering a lot more sophisticated." He nudges her gently.

She giggles small. "Sophisticated? Oh bro, you need some educating."

He laughs. "Cmon, help me build a pit. Go grab a few logs and I'll move the stones."

"I can do the stones-"

"Not a chance." Jake says as he comes out of the trees in just shorts. Where did he go?

"I'm pretty capable-"

"No. Carlisle made it clear you do no heavy lifting for at least 6 months or whatever." Jake says, throwing his shirt and shoes by the door before going to help Embry with the stones.

King huffs and goes to grab a few logs, grabbing as many as she can. Not to make Jacob smug, but she can tell why Carlisle said that - it hurts. She drops them by the circle that's forming out of the stones and grabs more. She won't show him he's right. Never.

"Your face says it all." Jake calls out as he looks over at his sister.

King ignores him, more forcefully throwing the next few logs down. As they're doing this, the members of the pack are heading towards the property, all getting ready to phase when they're close enough.

One last warning, Jared's wolf says, his brothers turning to look at him. Jacob will murder you if you imprint on his little sister - try not to please.

Though they find it funny, they know the comment has a serious and deadly undertone to it. Do not imprint, flirt, look at, touch, breathe on or think about Jacob's little sister. He hates her, and he does not want her in their world. Well, he doesn't necessarily hate her anymore... but the other part is still true. None of them can slip up or lose their shit around her.

"Daaaaaamn." Jared yells as he sees the food, shoving Quil aside to run over to the table.

Both boys stop when their alpha glares, Jacob walking over to King. Sam and Emily join, both carrying food from their car. "Guys, this is Kingsley. King, this is Jared, Quil, Emily, Sam, Paul, Colin and Brady. There's others but they're kids still."

King smiles and waves small, suddenly super nervous. "Hey... Dig in, don't let this asswipe stop you."

They all cheer and dig in; as they do, Emily makes her way over. "It is so lovely to meet you, Embry doesn't stop talking about you!" She gently hugs the girl.

King hugs back nervously, trying not to stare. Em said about Emily's scars, how a bear mauled her, how she still suffers all these years later. Poor girl... "All good things, I hope. I gotta be honest and say I don't know much about ya'll."

"That is what tonight is for. Now, grab some food, grab some more food to hide and grab a seat and do not move at all." Emily suggests.

King laughs and does as told, hiding a family bag of cheetos under her chair along with an extra plate of food. She watches the people around her as they eat and joke and converse, all familiar with each other and all having a bond. And then there's her... her thoughts go back to what she wrote to her mom. Where exactly does she belong anymore?