Chapter 23

We carried on with this horrible film which I closed my eyes and stayed close to Alfie. It was 11 pm and it was almost scaring time. I looked up and Alfie without anyone noticing and mouthed the words 'you ready?'. He nodded in response. This is going to be fun.

The film finished about half an hour later.

"Hey who wants to play a creepy game?" Alfie said, trying to sound scary.
"Why not?" I huffed, trying to keep the act real.
"Okay then. It won't ever be scary though." Megan laughed. Oh just wait.

"Okay so we will go in pairs and each pair will have to go to the bathroom and repeat 'who is it you want, who is it you need, who is it you'll take' and which ever pair the ghost wants it will mark them or take them. I mean it's a legend but why not try it out? It's probably fake but hey ho." Alfie shrugged, were such good actors.

"Might as well, we have nothing else to do. Il go with Ellie." Megan said, point at Ellie.
"Il go with hmm Natalie. She might get scared." Alfie laughed at me.
"Il go with Freddie then, okay who's first then?" Mason asked.
"We will go." Megan and Ellie said in unison, as they skipped of down the hall way.

We all was silent and sitting down looking at each other, me and Alfie obviously trying to look scared. All the others looked a tiny bit scared but ooo, just wait. They don't know what's coming. We heard a silence before the door opened and Megan and Ellie entered they didn't seem interested so they sat down. I pointed at Mason for them to go next because I was 'scared'. Mason and Freddie walked to the bathroom they looked a bit tense which I found too funny. I heard the bathroom door shut and soon after I heard them say the words and then silence fell upon us. Nothing happened and they came back and they seemed happy that they knew it was fake. But now it was our go...

"But Alfie what if it's real." I fake sniffled.
"It's probably not don't worry about it." Alfie chuckled and lead me down the hall way.

We looked at each other and tried not to laugh as we entered the bathroom. I was literally holding my laughter. I got out the fake cuts and scabs we hid around the bathroom in sneaky places, like behind the toilet. I grabbed one and stuck it on Alfie's arm and he did the same to me. When we were both finally covered, we looked at each other.

"Who is it you want, who is it you need, who is it you'll take?" We tried to sound scared but I was holding my nose to prevent laughter.

I screamed as high pitched as I could so it sounded like a ghost. Then me and Alfie ran out the bathroom and ran into the living room. The others faces were priceless. Megan was hiding under a blanket with Freddie. Ellie was gripping the arms of the sofa. And Mason was holding both his knees.

"W-what just happened Alfie." I shook.
"I-i don't know Natalie..." Alfie whispered and shivered.
"A-Alfie you get this too?" I pointed at my 'cuts'
"Y-yup" he replied I could tell he was going to burst out laughing.

We looked at each other and we couldn't hold it in anymore. We burst into fits of laughter and the others looked at us very confused. No noise was coming out of our laughing mouths so it seemed that we were restarted animals at a circus.

"What's going on..." Mason finally asked.
"We tricked you-" Alfie said and burst out laughing.
"And you believed us!" Alfie said after the pause of laughter.
"YOU IDIOTS!" They shouted but laughed, as they bundled on top on me and Alfie.

It feels as if there are 1000 bodies on me, I'm the smallest there getting bundled by giants. I pushed them off and rolled over to the side and grabbed my stomach trying to catch my breath.

"Phew you guys weigh a tone!" I said between breaths.

I rolled over to my sleeping place and stared at the ceiling. All the others had also gone back to their places and Freddie turned off the light. I was laying next to Alfie, who laid next to Mason then Megan. It appeared that all of them fell asleep in like 10 minutes. They must've been tired. I just laid there and stared at the ceiling, I turned the brightness on my phone down and put my earphones in. I selected the AY playlist and put my phone aside. I made sure it was on shuffle and the first song that came on was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. I listened to every lyric, and every lyric reminds me of him. I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and I turned my head, I used my phone to shine the light on whoever it was. Oo, speak of... Um... The playlist... Person...Alfie... I took one earphone out and looked at him.

"I can't sleep, can you?" He whispered.
"No not really, so I'm just listening to music." I tried to sound as quiet as I could.
"Can I listen too, my phone is drained." He looked at me.
"Sure." I gave him an earpiece.

How ironic is it that I made a playlist about Alfie and he was now listening to it. I un paused Ed Sheeran, which only just started. Mine and Alfie's eyes shared the ceiling and none of us said a word. We just listened to the song. I can't even wrap my head around how all these lyrics remind me of Alfie.

"I feel.... Thing..." Alfie muffled but I couldn't hear him.

"Wait I can't hear you." I whispered back.

"We'll let me move closeeeerrrrr" He said as he moved closer.

"I feel like this song means something to me?" Alfie phrased it like a question.

"What do you mean?" I replied, while listening deeper into the lyrics.

"Like this song describes my feelings towards you." Alfie found my hand and held it.

"Exactly what I was thinking about you Alfie, this is why the song is where it is" I said, referring to the AY playlist.

"What? Where is what?" He whispered, I could feel his confusion.

"It's in a playlist that I made. All the songs that remind me of you or the moments we share or anything all go into this playlist." I smiled, I knew he couldn't see it.

He held my hand even tighter, and my smile grew wider. Why can't we just be together already? I can sense that we both still feel wide awake. My stomach growled and I think that's the only noise we heard since I told him about the playlist.

"Alfie I have such a good idea." I looked up to the Alfie who was practically above me.

"I'm in." He replied, he hasn't even heard the idea yet.

"You don't even know the ide-" I began, but soon stopped.

"Midnight snack?" I could sense he was smirking.

"You know me so well..." I got up quietly.

Me and Alfie were still holding hands and guiding each other to the door. It was pitch black in the living room and we snuck quietly out the door and shut it behind us. We tiptoed to the fridge, hardly making a sound. When we got to the fridge, we slowly opened the door of perfection and looked at the food. We had a angelic slice of chocolate cake in the fridge and we both looked at each other and nodded. Carefully, we took out the masterpiece and sliced it in half. I've never seen so much perfection on one plate. Yes, I'm this hungry deal with it. We both ate our slice in -10 seconds and creeped back to the living room where the others were still sleeping. Silently, we laid back down and looked at each other, letting out a little giggle.

It was just light enough for me to see his deep green eyes, his cute nose and his kissable mouth. Yes, I did say his nose is cute. And I guess he could see my facial features too.

"You have some chocolate on your face. Let me get it for you" Alfie snickered quietly.

He leaned toward me and kissed the corners of my mouth here the chocolate was, the. I giggled quietly.

"Your an idiot." He looked at me seriously. Huh?

"Huh?" I said my thoughts out loud.

"You even got chocolate on your nose!" He whisper shouted.

He leaned in again and kissed my nose, that's when I noticed he also had food contents on his face. I leaned in and kissed the corner of his cute smile. When I went back we looked in each others eyes and he looked into my eyes as if he lost something. It was a 'i lost something there and never got it back' kinda stare. While me, I just stared into his eyes trying to find what he was looking for but had no clue. He is so frickin cute I can't handle it.

Alfie's P.O.V

I was still staring into her eyes I still can't find what I was looking for. I can't see the emotion through her eyes, it's just blank. I can't see if she likes me. I've got to keep searching maybe her eyes will tell me something soon. Hopefully.

Authors note (important)
Hello guys sorry the chapter is short but I've made an Instagram with quotes from this book, _its_you is my insta name go check it out.

Also, if anyone would like to design covers or quotes for this book feel free to dm me them and I can put them as the chapter picture :)

❤️COMMENT❤️VOTE❤️SHARE❤️