Chapter 28

I woke up to the sight of Alfie, his head is against mine. Shortly after he also opened his eyes and we exchanged smiles. I moved my head slowly to look at where Megan and Freddie were sitting. They were talking and they looked pretty happy. Ellie looks pretty tired still, don't blame her she woke up the earliest.

"5minutes till landing please put your seat belts on" I heard from the over head speaker.

"Oh my God Alfie were landing soon oh my God." I squealed, which earned the attention from the people behind us.

"Yeah I forgot what landing like I hope it isn't bumpy." He said nervously.

"Oh yeah it's not." I lied.

He gripped my hand and I found it kind of cute, he was shaking.

"Alfie it's okay I got ya" I chuckled.

The plane hit the ground and bumped up and down a few times. I looked at Alfie and he looked like a cat who's tail had just been trod on. I squeezed his hand and released it for comfort. He seemed more relaxed now that the plane was carefully drifting to the airport.

"See wasn't that bad now was it." I smiled at him.

"You were right." He replied with a smile and let me tell you now it's cute.

His smile brings back thousands of memories and questions I ask myself. Why does he like me? Do the others actually know? Anyway hopefully they should be answered sooner or later.

***

"Megan wait for me! I don't want to go in the lift on my own!" I said as I ran into the lift.

We were now at the hotel and our three rooms were all on the fifth floor and right next to each other. The guys and Ellie were already in their rooms it was just me and Megan who had to go up. It's going to be so weird sharing a room with Alfie. Megan and Ellie will probably put a glass against the wall in their room to hear us, they are that sneaky trust me.

Ding. The elevator was finally at our floor and I quickly rushed out. Our room numbers were 21,22,23. Megan and Ellie were in 21 me and Alfie are in 22 and mason and Freddie are in 23. Great were in the middle, we can hear their weird conversations at night. Great. I can still admit that I'm very excited to me sharing a room with Alfie, this could be a great opportunity to get closer and each other know our true feelings, with complete privacy.

I got out the key and swiped it on the sensor and the door opened. I took a look around the apartment. There was a living area with a tv and attached to a small kitchen, a balcony with two chairs and a table and a great view of a beach, one bedroom down a small corridor which had two separate beds that can be fixed into a double bed and a bathroom which looked surprisingly clean.

I saw Alfie crashed out asleep on the sofa which I found kinda cute so I just left him there. Before we came up to the room, me and Megan went to the corner shop to get food to last us until lunchtime (bread, jam, milk,butter, and bottled water). I unloaded all of the stuff into the fridge and went over to Alfie. I laid beside him, carefully, so I didn't wake him up. His heartbeat was all I could hear, it was so quiet in the room. Silence. Alfie's heartbeat is comforting. I snuggled my face into his chest with him still being asleep. I mean, I'm only going to stay here for five minutes, he probably won't even know I was here.

Slowly, I got up and left his side to go and change into my pjs to be more comfortable. All of the group decided to meet up later on in the day so we could rest and settle in. I folded my clothes and placed them onto a suitcase. I grabbed the blanket from the inside of my suitcase -it was on the top- and one of the hotel pillows. Then, I walked back out to Alfie and as there was one sofa, I let him have it. I know I could've slept in a bed but I want to be closer to him. I put my pillow on the floor and wrapped myself in the blanket and closed my eyes. Even though I was tired, I still couldn't sleep.

"Natalie what are you doing down there?" His tired voice asked.

"Sleeping or trying to." I replied.

"But why there?" His tired voice carried on.

"I don't know I guess I don't wanna mess up the beds?" I said, slightly uncertain of my answer.

"No I mean come up here with me, it's cold down there." As he said that I smiled.

I got up, still wrapped in my blanket and he made room for me. My head was in his chest and I was curled in a ball. He was laid out straight and his head was on top of mine and his arms were loosely around me. I still wasn't able to sleep, but I pretended to be just so I could stay here and treasure this moment for longer. This was the perfect moment, I just knew it.

"You awake?" Alfie spoke after half an hour.

"Yeah." I said with a big grin which he couldn't see.

"I love these moments Natalie." He said, hugging me tighter then lettings go.

"Me too." I said slowly and I looked up and him.

He looked down at me. My eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips. He smiled, I smiled, this was perfect. We slowly leaned in, closer and closer. His lips were slowly onto mine and I felt this kiss meant something to me. Something important, it tells me that everything will be okay and I'm safe with him.

We pulled away and stared into each others eyes. His eyes sparkled.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He whispered back.