Chapter 33

I was devastated, I stayed in the room while Alfie and the others got dinner. Today has completely taken away my appetite. Tears freaked down my face. Why is Alfie being such an asshole? I glance around the room. His phone, surely his phone would tell me some answers. Quickly, I picked up his phone and scrolled through his texts, I didn't go through any though, I felt too invading if I did that. Anyway, he wasn't texting anyone apart from Me, his mum, Freddie and Mason.

I looked around the room again, there must be something, or he is actually just being an idiot. Proceeding to make my way toward the wardrobe, I checked his coat pockets. Nothing. Nothing at all. A note flew past and stuck to the window, 'keep looking Natalie.' Is someone watching me? It blew away and I forgot about it. For the third time, I looked around the room. The bin caught my eye, it was filled with different colour pieces of paper, of similar size to the one I just saw. All of the pieces were ripped up and I could make out what the messages were saying but some parts were still in tact. I fished out strips of paper.

'Missing until 7pm.'
'Or Natalie gets hurt'
'How far would you go to protect her?'
'No contact.'

"NATALIE what are you doing?!" Alfie ran over to me and out all the paper in the bin.

"No Alfie what are you doing? Who's doing this to you?" I could see the fear in his eye.

"Look I don't know okay. I was threatened, but now you know, something is going to get hurt. Someone is going to get hurt. I just didn't want that to be you." He looked at the floor and his voice softened.

"Alfie nobody is going to get hurt. I will report this ass hole." I got angry, very angry.

"No don't. It will anger him." He sighed.

"Fine. But if he does anything I will go ballistic. He put you through this, hurt people Alfie. You shouldn't stand for this." I put my hand on his shoulder and pulled him into a hug.

"I told you to remember that I love you Natalie, why didn't you remember?" Alfie's eyes saddened, his voice sounded disappointed.

"Seeing you tell Ellie you had feelings for her just shattered me. It's the thought of you being with someone else, it just broke me. When all of you went for dinner i done everything to try and find what was wrong and cried in the process, I stumbled across it. I don't even know what to say. I-" I chocked on my words, Alfie pulled me into a hug, tears were now flowing from my eyes.

The others came in the room, all dressed and ready for the evening.

"ALFIE what did you do to her? Don't you think you've already hurt her enough, urgh when I get near you i-" I cut Megan off.

"No Megan don't." Thats all I could get out before hugging Alfie even tighter.

"Megan leave them, maybe they need privacy." Freddie suggested, which is just what we need.

"You guys go out. We're fine here." Alfie looked at me then looked at them.

"You have my number Nat, use it if you need to." Megan looked Alfie up and down.

They all exited the room and now it was me and Alfie left. I'm happy it worked out, but the fact that somebody was threatening him, made my stomach twist in a knot. Me and Alfie moved to the bed and cuddled, it was nice.

He got his sleeve and wiped away my tears. After that, he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around my waist. Even through this, I'm the one who is worrying more than him, it should be him worrying. I looked up at him and he was staring blankly into space. Still staring, he finally looked back. The temptation grew stronger and stronger until I couldn't contain myself. I sat up while he was slouched because he is a lot taller then me, I levelled myself to his height. Giving him one last look, I brung myself towards his lips and began to kiss him. He moved so I was now basically sitting on his lap. This kiss was one of the first kisses we have shared for a long time. To kiss him and for him to hold me just felt perfect.

We both pulled away and looked at each other, we've been through a lot you know, I just remember the beginning, when he first moved in next door to me. We instantly clicked and became the best of friends. All of the times someone had been mean to me, he was there, every time he has problems I would always help him. The times we would have sleepovers, watch movies, tell scary stories.

Three hours had past and the others had returned. The sight that greeted them was me and Alfie smiling and laughing with each other. Megan still looked pissed but the others were soon to join in. Maybe everything is going to be alright. For now anyway. The gang decided to put on a horror movie, I don't remember the title but it sure as hell was scary. Most of the movie I was hiding behind Alfie. The true horror wasn't the movie, but the person threatening Alfie.

A/N

Sorry that my publishing has been slow, I just didn't have any time to write but I will try to publish more for you.

Vote, comment, share♥️