Cross Your Heart (Chapter One)

~AUTHOR NOTE~

OMG! My first story! I'm so excited! Anyway updates may be slow! I'll try my best to update every other week!

Like I said it's my first story so please be lenient, but still give some CONSTRUCTIVE critisism!

So off to the first chapter!!

~KALLIE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I opened my eyes, and quickly closed them due to the amount of morning light being let in through my curtains. I groaned and threw my covers over my head sheilding my eyes. I only wanted a couple more minutes of sleep. I felt myself slowly slipping into a Dreamland when I was forced awake when my door to my bedroom flew open and slammed into my wall.

"OMMPH" I heaved out after something jumped up onto my bed and onto me.

" Wake up! Wake up!" yelled a deep booming voice that could only belong to one person, and one person only. Jacob Micheals or Jake as I've always called him. " Today is the day! You're going right?" He said as he pulled down the covers so he could see my face. I groaned and looked up to his face and into his big beautiful blue eyes.

" Yes! You know I will always be there to support you!" Jakes face lit up and the corners of his mouth began to turn upward into a genuine smile. I had always been able to tell when he was genuinely smiling because when he did his dimples in his cheeks would come out.

Jake is also our schools Quarterback and tonight he had a football game. It was known as "Girlfriend Night". At the game the football players were announced and given a red rose to give to their girlfriends. It always made me sad seeing all of the girls walking around holding their roses and my hands would be empty, but I still always went to support my best friend. In fact I've never missed one of his games.

I looked up still under my covers and eyed my friend. He wore a tight blue and white striped sweater and dark washed blue jeans due to the chilly December weather we were having this week. I say this week because it could change at anytime. Ever heard of crazy Texas weather? Yeah well it's true. Anyway his jeans hung off his hips just the right way. I caught myself and looked up to see if he noticed, and he had his eyebrows raised.

" You like what you see?" He said with a sly smirk playing on his lips. I sat up and grabbed my pillow and threw it towards his face. He easily caught it and laughed, " Oh you made a mistake!" he said and I squealed. I got up out of bed and tried to run away, but his two strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into his chest.

"NO! Jake let go please! I'm sorry!" He just smiled and began tickling me. I was gasping for air while laughing and trying to scream. " Jake...P..Please....STOP!!" I said between my laughter and inhaling.

" Not until you admit that I'm sexy and you are a Nerd!!" he said. My eyes widened everyone at school called me a Nerd because I got good grades and loved to read but it never mattered to me. When Jake called me a Nerd it hurt. He saw my reaction and started to apologize. " Li im so sorry. You know I didn't mean it like that!!!"

"Jake it's fine. It just caught me off guard. I mean you, sexy? Please!" I joked trying to make the situation less awkward. Now it was his turn, his eyes widened and then narrowed. He began tickling me again. I was laughing so hard that my words were all jumbled. " You sexy and I a Nerd!!" he stopped ticking me and started laughing.

"Ok that will have to do!" He said as he rose off of my bed walking towards my door. my eyes began to roam once again. They moved down his back and to his butt. Man, he had the perfect butt, and if only you could see them in his white football pants. Thinking of this put a smile on my face. I was in my own little world when a hand flew in front of my face making me jump.

" Dang Li you were out of it. Thinking of something?" he asked puzzled.

"Huh?" I said because it was the only thing that would come out.

"You zoned out. Are you okay?" He looked concerned.

" Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about the game is all." I lied. He shrugged his shoulders and laid back down onto my bed.

" Thinking about me in my football pants huh?" My cheeks began to heat up. I turned around so he couldn't see me blushing.

" Ewww! No. I don't want to think about your nasty saggy ass!!" I giggled because I knew how self conscious he was. Why? I had no idea. He looked like a God.

" My ass is not saggy!!" he defended. I turned around to see him frowning. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

" No it's not, now thats what you get for calling me a Nerd!"

" Touche. Now will you hurry we do have to go to school!"

" Ok just let me get dressed." I said still not moving. I put my hands on my hips thinking he would get the idea.

"What?" He said looking confused.

" I need to get DRESSED!" I emphisized dressed. Still he just sat there.

" OK then get dressed! No one is stopping you." He said as he pushed back a smile.

"GET OUT AND LET ME CHANGE YOU PERV!" I yelled. He stood up off of my bed and looked down at his feet.

"Darn it" he chuckled and walked to the door. He turned back around and said " Just don't take too long. I'll be in the hallway waiting for you!" I just nodded and made my way to my closet. I pulled out my Lockhart Warriors Football Jersey with the number 10, Jakes number, on the back with his last name, Micheals. I also grabbed my darkest pair of jeans, and my navy sparkled TOMS.

I changed and walked into my bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. My dark curly hair wasn't cooperating with me today so I threw it up into a messy bun. Also, I put minimal make-up on. I've never been a big fan of make-up I feel it makes people look fake. I sighed and looked in the mirror and gave myself a little smile.

' Well this is as good as it gets today' I said to myself.

I turned on my heels and walked towards my closed door. I turned around to look at my room. I added a mental note to clean my room when I got the chance. I looked at my clock. Shit. I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry.

I turned and threw the door open and took a step out into the hallway. My foot caught onto something and I fell to the ground. I caught myself by putting my hands in front of me. I pushed myself up again and looked to see what i tripped over, and there was Jake with his head resting on the wall with his mouth hanging open. He was a very deep sleeper. I mean he didn't even budge when I hit him and fell.

'I need to think of a way to wake him up.' I thought to myself. I smirked as I thought of the perfect plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER.... Sort of.

Well here is the first Chapter. Let me know what you think. I'll upload ASAP!

Picture off to the side is of Elizabeth.

~KALLIE