thirtysix

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 gasps as she tumbles as they arrive in a room, and it takes her a while to regain her balance

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 gasps as she tumbles as they arrive in a room, and it takes her a while to regain her balance. She turns around and looks at her mother with wide eyes. Victoria is calmly looking out through the window, before closing the currents and turning on the lights.

"Bloody hell Mom. What's going on? What are you doing here? Is Draco okay?" Elyse asks her mother frantically, who turns around to face her with a warm smile.

"He's fine. I had to get you out of there. Voldemort is ripping the world apart in search for you and Harry. You two together wouldn't be safe at all." Victoria explains, making Elyse sigh as she sits down on the bed.

"Where are we right now?" Elyse asks as she rubs her forehead in frustration.

"New York." Elyse's eyes widen at her mother's words. She had always wanted to travel but she never imagined it in this way. Victoria takes out her wand and gives it to Elyse. "Give me the one you're using."

"Okay... wow! Hey." Elyse exclaims as Victoria snaps the one Elyse just gave her. Victoria shrugs as her daughter glares at her. "That was unnecessary. And why are you giving me your wand?"

"You'll need it more than me." Victoria says, making Elyse roll her eyes and shake her head.

"I don't need a wand." Elyse hisses, making Victoria sigh as she sits down next to Victoria.

"I know. I know. But do you know how to use magic without a wand?" Victoria asks, making Elyse frown as she realises that her mother is making a valid point. She lets out a huff. "Until you do know how to, using magic without knowing how to do it, is dangerous. To everyone around you and yourself."

"Fine. Okay. I'll use the wand." Elyse sighs, making Victoria smile warmly as she pushes Elyse's hair to the side. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"Stay here. Don't use magic, at all. From now on until further notice, you're a muggle. You're going to live a muggle life. I'll send you a letter when you can come back. Or when I think it's best for you to come back." Victoria says, making Elyse sigh and nod in understanding. "I know this isn't ideal but it's for the best."

"I know. It's just I wish Draco was here at least. I wouldn't have to worry about him so much." Elyse hums, making Victoria smile in understanding before hugging her.

"I know. This isn't ideal. But we'll get through this. Narcissa and I are doing our best to keep him safe, Snape is keeping an eye out for him at Hogwarts." Victoria says to Elyse, making her smile gratefully as they pull away from the hug. "Once this all over. Everything can go back to normal."

"As normal as it can get, that is." Elyse hums, making Victoria nod with a sad smile.

"I'm proud of you, you know that. Right?" Victoria asks, making Elyse nod softly with a weak smile. "You've grown up to be such a strong woman, and I know you will get through this even stronger than ever. You remind me of your grandma."

"You mean Grandma Eva who tried to get Draco and I to get married at four years old?" Elyse asks in amusement, making Victoria smile and shake her head.

"Yes. But she was determined. And so are you. You have the determination of a Gryffindor, the loyalty and trustworthiness of a Hufflepuff, the leadership of a Slytherin. But most importantly, you have the wisdom, the wit, the intelligence and creativity of a Ravenclaw." Victoria hums, making Elyse beam happily, feeling her heart swell in joy to have her mother's approval. "Never change, no matter what. Don't let that Mark ruin you."

"It won't. I won't let it."