twentyfive

"ℑ can't believe they're already in their sixth year

"ℑ can't believe they're already in their sixth year." Victoria sighs as she looks at Narcissa, who nods in agreement with her. "Time goes by quickly."

"It does. And who would have thought they'd be so in love." Narcissa hums and its Victoria's turn to nod in agreement. "Oh, young love. How sweet and innocent."

"Don't smother them ladies. It's going to be two years in December. Two beautiful years of future linkage between the families. Give another two before they marry?" Thomas says suggestively, making Elyse roll her eyes as she looks at Draco, who seems amused.

"Can we get out of here?" Elyse asks under her breath, so only he can hear her and he chuckles as he turns to look at her.

"Unfortunately not, darling. We're stuck with them." He hums in response, making her huff and he takes her hand to kiss the back of it, a blush rising to her cheeks in result. "But as soon as there's an opportunity I'll get you out of here."

"Honestly, it's the power they hold." Bellatrix hums approvingly, making the couple turn to look at her. "I mean bloodline wise. Lestrange and Malfoy. Let's not add Ravenclaw and Slytherin. It's such linkage which is unexpected but welcomed."

"Thank you, Bellatrix. I'm not sure if that was complimentary or degrading." Elyse muses, making Bellatrix wave her off.

"Oh, my sweet child. You know how much I love your knowledge in the arts of magic and everything. You are one of the most powerful witches I know of your age." Bellatrix assures her, and she smiles gratefully not noticing the tension formed in the room.

"Alright. Shall we gather for the meeting?" Thomas muses, making everyone nod as they all stand up. Elyse looks at her parents, Draco's parents and Bellatrix questioningly. They were all seated in the living room.

"What meeting?" Elyse wonders out loud, making everyone turn to look at her before looking at Thomas.

"You stay here, Elyse." Thomas says firmly, making her huff in annoyance, before she looks at Draco, prepared to come up with ideas and plans for them to do.

"Draco. You're coming." Lucius says, making Draco nod in understanding. Elyse is left baffled and confused by how this is turning out.

"Wait what kind of sexist thing is this. Why can Draco go and I can't?" Elyse asks, and Thomas glares at her, causing her to shrink back in silence.

"I'll keep her company." Bellatrix says, which causes Thomas' glare to shift to her.

"It'd be like taking her with." Thomas snarls, making Victoria put a calming hand on his shoulder and it seems to work as his tense body relaxes.

"You don't want to anger him, Thomas. Do you? So I'll keep her company." Bellatrix hisses and Thomas backs down as he nods, before he leaves with everyone. Draco glances at Elyse worryingly, before leaving the room as well.

"What's going on? Has this something to do with Slytherins?" Elyse asks, feeling her annoyance boil up again and Bellatrix shakes her head.

"It's not a question of house. It's a question of being chosen. Elyse, you have no idea what honour it is to be chosen." Bellatrix says, making younger witch frown in confusion.

"Chosen for what?"

"To be one of us. Of course you already are as a Lestrange, but it doesn't stop there. I was so proud of Draco when he was chosen and when he was given such an important task." Bellatrix says dreamily and Elyse just can't understand what's going on. "You were chosen too. Way before he was. But your parents say you're not ready. Draco says he wants to protect you. But I know you're ready and you can protect yourself. You're more powerful than any of them."

"Bellatrix. I'm so confused, what is this about." Elyse says, making Bellatrix grin manically and Elyse can't help but feel uncomfortable. If felt like she had opened a forbidden door that was unclose-able.

"Death Eaters, of course." Bellatrix giggles, making Elyse turn pale as her heart drop to the very bottom of her feet. Her worst fear had come true. Her own family. Draco. Draco. Of all people, she thought he would at least not become a part of this, even if he hated mudbloods, she thought for her sake he wouldn't become one.

"Draco... he.... he's a Death Eater?" Elyse breaths out, making Bellatrix hum.

"Yes. He didn't seem very willing at first. But after Lucius said that it was him or you, he even volunteered. It was all entertaining. The things you do for love. All in vain, because in the end. You will join us." Bellatrix smirks, making Elyse's eyes widen in fear.

"What if I don't want to?" Elyse asks, making Bellatrix's smirk drop.

"You don't have choice." She snarls as she grabs Elyse's arm and drags her out of the living room. She drags her into another room and throws her to the floor. Elyse looks up just as she notices her father stand up in shock.

As she looks around the room, her heart beat increases. Rudolphus and Rabastan Lestrange, her father's cousins. Her parents. Alecto and Amycus Carrow. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Professor Snape. And Lord Voldemort. But what truly broke her heart was seeing Draco, paler than ever sat at his father's side. She could see the panic and fear in his eyes.

"What is this?" Thomas exclaims, as he looks from Bellatrix to his daughter. Elyse is completely stunned. "We agreed she would never be one of us."

"Things change, cousin. We never asked your daughter to be nearly as powerful as Bellatrix. I must admit, I never thought that would be possible after she was sorted in Ravenclaw." Rabastan muses, making Elyse look down slightly ashamed.

"It doesn't matter. Lord Voldemort. The power she holds is outstanding. And I'm sure Professor Snape can vouch for her." Bellatrix says as she moves from Elyse towards Voldemort, who looks at Professor Snape for his opinion.

"I must admit, I have never seen a student so strong in my whole career." Snape says, making Elyse wonder if she should feel proud or afraid at the moment.

"Then it's decided. She is to be one of us. Give her the Mark." Voldemort says, making Elyse's eyes widen as she shakes her head.

"No! Please no! You don't understand. I don't want this, please." Elyse cries out as tears form in her eyes. She looks at her parents, begging them to stop this, but they don't move. From the corner of her eyes, she notices Draco try to stand up, but Lucius pushes him back down. No one was going to save her.

"It won't hurt. Don't worry." Bellatrix says, making Elyse scream out through tears as the mark is being drawn on her. Draco closes his eyes, not being able to bare seeing her in such pain.