thirtyfive

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 smiles as she watches the newlywed couple dance

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 smiles as she watches the newlywed couple dance. Bill and Fleurs had gotten married earlier in the day, now everyone was gathered to celebrate. It gave them a chance to relax from all the panic and fear induced by the Dark Lord. She notices Hermione smiling at Ron and she can't help but shake her head at them. They were so oblivious.

"They're kind of idiots, aren't they?" She looks up and smiles at Harry as he sits down next to her. She nods in agreement with a hum as she looks back at them. "Kind of like you and Malfoy in fourth year. Everyone knew, except for you two. Fortunately you got your senses. Although your choice isn't great."

"I love how everyone thinks my choice is great." She says sarcastically with a soft smile, making him chuckle.

"No offence, of course. You could do better. But I won't lie, he's different with you. And I have a feeling that you're the one who is keeping him from bending fully to the will of Voldemort." Harry says honestly, but Elyse shakes his head.

"He's not a bad person, Harry. He wouldn't bend to the will of Voldemort, if it weren't for his father. I grew up with him. I saw the difference between the way my parents treated me and the way Lucius treated Draco. If Lucius was my father, he'd have offered me to Voldemort just to redeem himself." Elyse sighs sadly, making Harry smile in understanding.

"I suppose I can't be a judge. I don't really know him." Harry muses as he looks around at everyone, before looking back at Elyse. "I haven't thanked you for everything."

"For what? Harry, I've done nothing but feel like a burden. I should be thanking you. After all the bad things I've done, you still accepted me." Elyse points out, making him smile and shake his head.

"You've done nothing but be a victim to a cruel person. So don't worry about it, Elyse." He assures her and she can't help but beam at him. He excused himself, before leaving her by herself. Her solitude doesn't last long as Luna sits down in Harry's spot, making Elyse smile.

"Hey. Feels like forever since we've had time to talk." Luna says, making Elyse chuckle and nod in agreement. "How have you been?"

"Okay. Not bad. How about you?" Elyse asks softly and Luna shrugs, unable to answer the question. Elyse let's out sigh and glances at the newly wedded couple. "They look great together."

"Considering marriage yourself?" Luna asks with a teasing smile, making Elyse blush as she shakes her head.

"Not right now. I'm focusing on surviving and getting back to him." She answers, making Luna hum. Suddenly a blue light emerges into the room and everyone stands up, gathering around it.

"The Ministry has been defeated. The Dark Lord has taken over." A voice says from the blue light, before it disappears. Panic settles as everyone tries to get away.

"They're coming!" Elyse looks around in panic as she notices dark smoke come through before Death Eaters appear and start attacking them all. She pulls out the wand Madeye gave her and starts defending herself against the attack. Suddenly someone from behind takes her wrist, making her turn around and her eyes widen.

"Mom?" Elyse breaths out as Victoria smiles reassuringly, before they both disappear unnoticed. Hermione looks around, trying to find her

"Where's Elyse?" Hermione asks Arthur Weasley who looks around as well and shrugs, slightly worried by the sudden disappearance of the Lestrange girl.

"Go. I'll find her. Just you get out of here." Arthur says, making Hermione hesitate before she also disappears with Ron and Harry, leaving the Order to fight the invading Death Eaters by themselves.