thirty

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 looks down sadly as Draco paces frantically around his room

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 looks down sadly as Draco paces frantically around his room. The time had come and they're supposed to go find Dumbledore anytime now, but he was panicking. He didn't know what to do. She hadn't said anything since she arrived in his room, she didn't know what to say or what to do. He stops pacing and turns around to face her.

"Will you still love me after this? After I've killed someone?" Draco asks softly, making her snap her head up and take in a deep breath.

"No matter what happens, Draco. I will always love you. Even if it doesn't seem like it." She assures him, making him let out a deep breath. He moves towards her, and gives out his hand, for her to take. She lets him pull her up, before he hugs her and she can feel him slightly shaking. "Promise you won't push me away. Promise you'll stay with me forever."

"Elyse, I am forever truly yours." He breaths out, as he pulls away and leans down to kiss her. She closes her eyes as tears slowly roll down her cheek. He wipes them away, once he pulls away and smiles weakly. "Shall we?"

"We shall." She smiles weakly, as they walk out of the room. They slip past all the other Slytherin students in the Common Room and make their way to the Astronomy Tower. As they reach the door, Draco turns around to smile weakly at her, before he pulls his wand out and they walk in. He holds Elyse behind him as he holds his wand out once he spots Dumbledore.

"Good evening Draco. What brings you here on this fine evening." Dumbledore hums, making Draco scoff weakly as Elyse shifts to reveal herself to the Professor who nods in acknowledgment.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." Draco snarls, making Dumbledore shake his head.

"I've been talking aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself Draco, Elyse?" Dumbledore asks, but he receives no response and he can see the hesitation in Draco as well as the fear in Elyse. "Draco. You are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? Don't things ever shock you?" Draco snaps, and Elyse can hear the panic in his voice.

"Like cursing Katie Pelham hoping that in return she bare a cursed necklace to me. Like replacing a replacing a bottle with one laced with poison to give to drink. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak." Dumbledore says, making Elyse bite on her lip. She had prepared the potion to poison Dumbledore, but instead it had been Ron Weasley who fell victim of it.

"Trust me. We were chosen." Draco snarls as he pulls up the sleeve of his shirt, making Elyse put her hand over the fabric of her shirt. She was too ashamed of it.

"I shall make it easier for you." Dumbledore hums as he pulls his wand out, but Draco in fear uses a spell to get rid of the wand. Elyse gasps as tears start to roll down her cheeks. She sees Draco's hand shake.

"Draco. You're not alone. There are others. How?" Dumbledore asks, making Elyse take a step forward.

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirements." She replies, making him hum in realisation. "Genius if you ask me."

"Yes. Yes. You have always been an extraordinary student, Elyse. It had always scared me with your family's history. I had hoped this wouldn't happen." Dumbledore admits, making Elyse look away in shame and Draco takes a step forward. "Draco... Years ago... I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this! I have to kill you... or he's gonna kill her." Draco snaps, making Elyse's heart drop as she realises he didn't even mention himself. He was doing this to protect her, not himself. Steps can be heard from behind, Elyse look and see Bellatrix with other Death Eaters.

"Well... Look what we have here... Well done, my little ones." Bellatrix hums as she moves behind the two, grabbing Elyse tightly by the shoulder.

"Good evening, Bellatrix." Dumbledore greets her as he notices Elyse's face twist in pain at Bellatrix's grip. She lets go of the girl and moves to face Dumbledore. "I think introductions are in order, don't you?"

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of tight schedule. Elyse, do it!" Bellatrix exclaims, making Elyse turn pale as Draco looks at his aunt in disbelief.

"She doesn't have the stomach, she's no real Slytherin. She's too weak. Let me finish him in my own way." One of the Death Eaters says, as Bellatrix pulls out Elyse's wand and hands it to her.

"No! The Dark Lord was clear, the girl is to do it." Bellatrix says, as Elyse weakly takes her wand and looks up apologetically towards Dumbledore. He sees the remorse in her eyes, and nods softly. "This is your moment. Do it. Go on, Elyse. Prove to everyone you're stronger, than they thing. Now!"

"No." Snape says, making both Elyse and Draco turn around to face him.

"Severus. Please." Dumbledore says calmly, as Draco pulls Elyse to the side.

"Avada Kedavra." Snape says as he points his wand at Dumbledore, who falls out the window. Elyse gasps, as tears roll down her cheeks and Draco holds on to her as she nearly collapses to the floor. Bellatrix shouts victoriously as she puts the Death Mark into the sky, before she takes the young wizards away.