thirtythree

"𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯, you're underage

"𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯, you're underage. Which means you've still got the trace on you." Madeye says as he walks into the room. Everyone is gathered, the whole order, including Elyse. It hadn't been easy for everyone to accept Elyse immediately, but once the situation was explained they welcomed her with open arms, which made Elyse feel better.

"What's the trace?" Harry asks in confusion as he, Ron and Hermione stand at the front, while the others surround them behind.

"If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. The point is, we have to use those means of transport the trace can't detect. Brooms, thestrals and the like. We go in pairs. That way, if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be, they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one." Madeye explains to Harry, who is confused by the last part.

"The real one?" Harry questions with raised eyebrows.

"I believe you're familiar with this particular brew." Madeye says as he pulls out a flask, making Elyse squint her eyes to inspect it from far.

"No. Absolutely not." Harry says firmly as he shakes his head, making Madeye roll his eyes.

"I told you he wouldn't take it well." Hermione says sarcastically, after herself having rolled her eyes at him.

"No, if you think I'm gonna let everyone risk their lives for me..." Harry trails off, making Ron raise an eyebrow.

"Never done that before, have I?" Ron asks just as sarcastically as Hermione.

"No! No, this is different. Taking that, becoming me, no!" Harry exclaims pointedly, clearly not being okay with this plan whatsoever.

"Well, none of us really fancy it mate." George Weasley speaks up, making Elyse look up at him in amusement.

"Yeah, imagine if something went wrong we ended up a scrawny specky git forever." Fred says, making Elyse bite her lip to help herself from not bursting into laughter.

"Everyone here is of age, Potter. They've all agreed to take the risk." Madeye says in a reassuring manner, before someone from the very back clears their throat, making everyone turn around.

"Technically, I've been coerced. Mundungus Fletcher, Mr. Potter. Always been a huge admirer." He says, making Harry look at him strangely.

"Nip it, Mundungus! All right Granger, as discussed." Madeye says, making Hermione pull a few strands of hair from Harry as she walks up to Madeye.

"Blimey, Hermione."

"Straight in here, if you please. For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning..." Madeye trails off as Hermione puts the hair in the flask, before he hands it to George. "Tastes like goblin piss."

"Have enough experience with that, do you Madeye?" George tries to joke, but he only receives a glare in response. "Just trying to secure the tension."

"You weren't funny." Elyse hums as she takes the flask, taking a sip before handing it to Fred, who does the same and it down the line. She fells her whole body start to change as she gets taller.

"Wow! We're identical!" The twins say at the same time, making Elyse facepalm.

"You're bloody twins!" She reminds them, making them chuckle as they shake their heads.

"Not yet, you're not." Madeye says as he drops clothes on the floor and everyone takes one of each article.

"Haven't got anything a bit more sporting, have you?" Fred as he looks at the outfit. Elyse rolls her eyes in amusement at the two brothers as she slowly gets changed. She had grown to enjoy their company during the time they spend it together.

"Yeah, I don't really fancy this colour." George says in agreement.

"Well fancy this. You're not you. So shut it and strip." Madeye says, making the twins get defensive.

"Be any slower. I'm already done." Elyse snorts as the twins start to off their ties and glare at her.

"Okay, Miss Impatient. We're getting there." Fred says in amusement, making her roll her eyes as she smiles softly.

"All right then. We'll be pairing off. Each Potter will have a protector. Mundungus, stick tight to me. I want to keep an eye on you. As for Harry-" Madeye says, as looks over the sea of Harrys.

"Yes?" They all say at the same time.

"The real Harry. Where the devil are you anyway?" Madeye says, making the real Harry move from behind all his doppelgängers.

"Here."

"You'll ride with Hagrid." Madeye announces, making him nod as Hagrid steps forward.

"I brought you here sixteen years ago, when you were no bigger than a bowtruckle. Seems only right that I should be the one to take you away now." Hagrid says to Harry who smiles at him.

"Yes it's all very touching. Let's go." Madeye announces, but stops and turns around to look at all the Harrys. "Elyse, step forward please."

"Here, sir." She smiles softly, before he pulls out a wand and hands it to her.

"This may not be like your original wand. But it's best that you at least pretend to use one, so that when spotted they won't immediately realise it's you." He says, making her nod in understanding.