Chapter 37

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do," Heidi answered while raising her right hand bago siya umupo sa witness stand.

"Please state your name."

"Attorney Heidi Velez," She answered confidently. 

Tumayo na si Prosecutor Mendez at tumingin muna sa akin bago pumunta sa harap. Naramdaman kong nanlalamig ang mga kamay ko dahil sa kaba. Kailangan kong ipanalo 'to dahil buhay ni Echo ang nakasalalay dito.

"On January 4, 5 months after your wedding. Do you recall what happened that night, Atty. Heidi Velez?" Prosecutor Mendez asked.

"Uhm...It was around 2 A.M and I began to feel exhausted because I cleaned the whole house that day while Echo was at work. He came home from work upset at around 2:15 A.M. Hinanda ko na iyong pajamas niya habang naliligo siya nang bigla niya nalang akong itulak papunta sa kama pagkalabas niya ng bathroom," Heidi explained while faking her sobs. 

It was so obvious that it was just an acting! Hindi man lang ginalingan kahit kaunti. Mas magaling pa um-acting iyong asong nagp-play dead.

"Did he tried to have sex with you?" Prosecutor Mendez asked.

"Y-yes. I told him that I was exhausted that day but he forced me to have sex with him!" Heidi bellowed. Napatingin ako kay Echo na nasa kanan ko and he was looking intensely at Heidi with dark eyes like he was about to explode in anger.

Inabot ko ang kamay niya para mahawakan ito na nakapatong sa binti niya kaya napatingin siya sa'kin. I gave him a sweet smile and nodded, telling him that it's okay that made his face softened.

"Did he tried to hurt you physically?"

Heidi immediately nodded, "Yes. I still have bruises on my left arm."

"When did he started being abusive?"

"After 3 to 4 months of our wedding," Heidi answered.

"Why do you think he forced you to have sex with him?" Prosecutor Mendez asked. 

I stood u from my seat, "Objection, your honor! Speculation."